• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

If the rumors of Bergevin coveting Dvorak since the draft are true then giving up a first, lottery protected, is not a big deal for him.

If the rumors of Bergevin coveting Dvorak since the draft are true then giving up a first, lottery protected, is not a big deal for him.
Per Friedman, MB has been stalking Dvorak for years... like Anderson and the long list of players he seems to never give up on & acquire

Absolutely had to make a move to get another C

I would of made a move for Zajak a serviceable C and kept the picks

Now your armed with 2 firsts in a great draft and who knows maybe 2 lottery picks to dangle for a difference maker

I can see both sides of the pro/anti Dvorak move
Having draft picks, even multiple first rounders, doesn't do the Habs any good. They have shown time and time again that they are incompetent when it comes to assessing talent. Unless or until Bergy and Biceps are shown the door this team may as well trade all of its first rounders.

Having draft picks, even multiple first rounders, doesn't do the Habs any good. They have shown time and time again that they are incompetent when it comes to assessing talent. Unless or until Bergy and Biceps are shown the door this team may as well trade all of its first rounders.

They could be dangled for a better C

If Dvorak has 2 extra gears and gets to 60-70 points , we are good

It goes well beyond whether Galchenyuk is a winger or a center. This guy has major baggage, not the least of which was a domestic assault rap and persistent rumors related to drugs.

From Elliotte Friedman and his "32 Thoughts" column:

"10. Early-season prediction: Montreal takes a serious run at extending Nick Suzuki sooner, rather than later. No more offer-sheet games."

I mean, most well-run organizations re-sign their young core long before it gets to that point.

The ones that don't, well hi Ottawa & Vancouver, are usually the basement dwellers.

I would also not be surprised if Suzuki's agent says we'll wait and see after the year.

Back