• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Since he seems legit . . . Bergy extended 3 years?

RedLight

If the last few years are a true indication, he's a much better GM than he was 9 years ago. I would rather see if he can take the organization farther than have another GM bumbling his way through learning the job.

Stinky

Hell he's better than any GM we've had for the last almost 30 years. The team made the finals astrix or not. I hope he gets resigned. And I think this team is going to be deceptively competitive this year.

Krustchev

Hell he's better than any GM we've had for the last almost 30 years. The team made the finals astrix or not. I hope he gets resigned. And I think this team is going to be deceptively competitive this year.
That’s not saying much.

habs25th

He's the best GM available to us with the francophone factor. Unless we can steal Brisebois away from TB, which seems unlikely.

GrandWazoo

I don't really mind MBv2 and I think we could do a lot worse. He seems way more assertive than he was in the past. Drafting and development remains an Achilles heel, even though it's been trending upwards, but he seems to learn from his mistakes and most of his recent moves have been positive. While I don't like the fight for a playoff spot every year and pray mentality, I don't think he has much other choices from ownership.

WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou

That's a very low bar you've set for him.

Actually, that's Bergevin's biggest achievement over the past decade: the systematic lowering of expectations to the point where all he has to do is show up and people will say "Well, things could be worse." People are focusing on how he solved the Kotkaniemi situation by getting Dvorak instead of asking why he didn't get fired for wasting a third overall pick. So much of what Bergevin does is remediation, attempts to correct his previous mistakes. One step forward, two steps back. Rinse and repeat.