• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Since he seems legit . . . Bergy extended 3 years?

I can't see this GM in-limbo nonsense going on much longer. Either Bergy extends in the next few weeks or he's removed.

I can't see this GM in-limbo nonsense going on much longer. Either Bergy extends in the next few weeks or he's removed.
We’ll find out soon enough who the better negotiator is, MB or his boss...

Spoiler alert: I don’t expect it to be his boss

He can go to work with peace of mind with a new deal

Media, fans , scrutiny is 9/10 better than Montreal

that’s exactly what Danault said in his interview with RDS “my wife and I can go out for dinner in LA and not even one person recognises us. We’re like the number 6 sports franchise in the area”

that’s exactly what Danault said in his interview with RDS “my wife and I can go out for dinner in LA and not even one person recognises us. We’re like the number 6 sports franchise in the area”

It’s a very taxing job on the body and mind

Nero should take any decent offer he gets elsewhere

A decade is long enough , too bad he left the team in shambles

It’s a very taxing job on the body and mind

Nero should take any decent offer he gets elsewhere

A decade is long enough , too bad he left the team in shambles
I don't know about shambles. Defense sucks but we have decent prospects at that position. Most of the team is under 30, there is a few lengthy contracts that can still be offloaded. Weber is likely permanently on LTIR and Price might be as well, who knows. Not a lot of blue chip prospects up front though. But my point is that a new GM won't be completely handcuffed.

Reactions: CH1
Interesting that the Sabres have looked better sans Eichel...Sharks tonight sans Kane. Money well wasted?

Yes, I know its early and neither team will likely do much damage. But I'm sure their fan bases are hopeful about the potential improvement noted this week.

New GM won't be completely handcuffed, but he'll still have a lot of hurdles.

Outside of Petry, we don't have moveable long term contracts given to older players. There won't be any teams lining up for Gallagher/Anderson/Hoffman/Savard's contracts. I'd love to be wrong, but they're going to be here until the deals expire or they're bought out.

New GM won't be completely handcuffed, but he'll still have a lot of hurdles.

Outside of Petry, we don't have moveable long term contracts given to older players. There won't be any teams lining up for Gallagher/Anderson/Hoffman/Savard's contracts. I'd love to be wrong, but they're going to be here until the deals expire or they're bought out.
I think Gallagher would be the hardest to move but you just need to find one GM who's in love with the player. Same with Anderson but he's younger. Hoffman is not terrible, 3 years/4.5, if he can score. Savard is not terribly rich, as long as he can still player (unlike Alzner), he can find a team. Might as well add Armia to the list.

Back