• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

I know...IMO MB executes orders and will take the heat for ownership. Ideal employee. Jr wants to win and wants a winning team no doubt, but there are simply other more important priorities..such as how to sell Tour des Canadiens to as many businesses as possible etc..

I'm fully convinced that the agreement between MB and Molson is that they will rebuild through the draft and be patient with developing the young players while still trying to be competitive and make the playoffs. I'm certain icing a competitive team every season is a Molson mandate.

I'm fully convinced that the agreement between MB and Molson is that they will rebuild through the draft and be patient with developing the young players while still trying to be competitive and make the playoffs. I'm certain icing a competitive team every season is a Molson mandate.
The short sightedness is amazing.

A team built properly after a rebuilt can be competitive for near a decade. Ask the penguins or capitals. Meanwhile trying to be competitive every year results in... cousins and weal on the powerplay. Two eight game losing skids.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.

The short sightedness is amazing.

A team built properly after a rebuilt can be competitive for near a decade. Ask the penguins or capitals. Meanwhile trying to be competitive every year results in... cousins and weal on the powerplay. Two eight game losing skids.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.

You failed to understand that Sal and GW were saying: nobody cares about long term....Molson is maximizing his return on investment, and will cash out eventually. On ice performance is the last thing he cares about. The appearance of competing is all that matters, while he's conducting his other real business.

Molson probably won't be the owner in 10 years.....i'd be shocked actually....at some point they need to cash out. Probably when the team is worth 2B.

You failed to understand that Sal and GW were saying: nobody cares about long term....Molson is maximizing his return on investment, and will cash out eventually. On ice performance is the last thing he cares about. The appearance of competing is all that matters, while he's conducting his other real business.

Molson probably won't be the owner in 10 years.....i'd be shocked actually....at some point they need to cash out. Probably when the team is worth 2B.

Why not make more money on the hockey side . Hard cap for a decade run of success adds a 100+ mil to the coffers

We will never be 8-10 mil under the cap for a decade to save enough money to offset what we could be making in revenue

Why not make more money on the hockey side . Hard cap for a decade run of success adds a 100+ mil to the coffers

We will never be 8-10 mil under the cap for a decade to save enough money to offset what we could be making in revenue

And other than drafting, how do you suggest we ice a better team ? Pretty much everyone in MTL media agree that we cannot get top players to come here, either via trade or UFA. So, how do we ice a competitive team outside of drafting ? And drafting takes years to allow that.

And I remain convinced of what I said before, despite some seemingly plausible arguments here from others: Geoff is just an idiot (for continuing to have faith in MB). I don't think it's anything else, He continues to believe that because MB had some limited, initial success here he can clean up the mess he has since created.

And other than drafting, how do you suggest we ice a better team ? Pretty much everyone in MTL media agree that we cannot get top players to come here, either via trade or UFA. So, how do we ice a competitive team outside of drafting ? And drafting takes years to allow that.

How about start hiring the best talent evaluators , and draft and developing team

When you have 8 fookin years to try and steer the ship the right way and never it leaves the port , change the captain and crew

Top talent rarely leave , how many Panarin's and JT`s are were available in UFA over the last 8 years ?

The last few years was the start of potentially better drafting , how many more first rounders can we keep pissing away ?

If the draft is your lifeline why not have elite personnel ?

After 8 years and not having a single contending core piece to move forward with is unacceptable

How about start hiring the best talent evaluators , and draft and developing team

When you have 8 fookin years to try and steer the ship the right way and never it leaves the port , change the captain and crew

Top talent rarely leave , how many Panarin's and JT`s are were available in UFA over the last 8 years ?

The last few years was the start of potentially better drafting , how many more first rounders can we keep pissing away ?

After 8 years and not having a single contending core piece to move forward with is unacceptable

BTW, years ago, Panarin refused to come here, and choose Chicago instead......just saying....

And I remain convinced of what I said before, despite some seemingly plausible arguments here from others: Geoff is just an idiot (for continuing to have faith in MB). I don't think it's anything else, He continues to believe that because MB had some limited, initial success here he can clean up the mess he has since created.

here’s my take and its pretty straight forward.

habs hierarchy in terms of final say for anything hockey related is MB.

Molson has such limited hockey knowledge that he has no choice but to defer to MB.

around the league most GM’s answer to a president with a hockey pedigree.

MB has a defective vision,faulty road map to success and low,result plan but can convince Molson of anything.

this is fucked...there has to be a hockey guy looking over MB and his crew mostly comprised of his,buddies

Bergy is French, which has allowed him to survive past year #4.

Bergy is a puppet, and is the fall guy for Molson in the media.

Molson doesn't have much other options to choose from in the French pool of candidates for GM duties. Bergy listens to him, never pushes back, which is rare because most GMs are probably used to taking most of the decisions by themselves, but not in MTL, where the owner is heavily involved in the team (heck he's he President). So why again would Molson fire Bergy ? Because the team sucks ? They will continue to suck with the next French guy that will replace Bergy...

I think the compromise will be that they let Timmins go eventually, or if they're lucky he gets offered a job with another team and just leaves.

i think there’s an issue in determining how to developmthe organizations best talent, each player has to be case by case for sure but there needs to be better decisions being made for the long,term.

KK, Poehling, Mete needed each a full year in the AHL, why are they rushing these kids? Who’s making these calls?

Molson is too lazy and/or risk averse at the moment to come up with a better idea. When staying the course starts hitting his pocketbook severely, he might find an incentive.

Geoff has no special skills. What exceptional company has he built?

He's just a Habs fan with enough money to pursue his hobby.

Most pro sports owners are the same -- that's why they keep hiring and firing the same 57 guys.

Molson is too lazy and/or risk averse at the moment to come up with a better idea. When staying the course starts hitting his pocketbook severely, he might find an incentive.

Geoff has no special skills. What company has he built?

He's just a Habs fan enough money to pursue his hobby.

which makes it scary that he’s the one that is holding Mb accountable.

Molson should be sitting on the sidelines handling his other endeavours and signing checks...there should be a president right now getting hockey answers as to why this situation is occurring?

The other important thing, of course, is that professional franchises keep going up in value.

So even the dumbest of owners win bigly in the end.

which makes it scary that he’s the one that is holding Mb accountable.

Molson should be sitting on the sidelines handling his other endeavours and signing checks...there should be a president right now getting hockey answers as to why this situation is occurring?

Who was the last President ...Boivin ?

Geoff has no special skills. What exceptional company has he built?

He's just a Habs fan with enough money to pursue his hobby.

Most pro sports owners are the same -- that's why they keep hiring and firing the same 57 guys.

He's done pretty well in the past 5 years with his side businesses....sometimes keeping an old business afloat and profitable is harder than building something new.

Remind me again how Bronfman Jr. faired with the family business ?

He's done pretty well in the past 5 years with his side businesses....sometimes keeping an old business afloat and profitable is harder than building something new.

Remind me again how Bronfman Jr. faired with the family business ?

My cousin dated him many moons ago. He apparently really is dumb/stupid. Geoff is just a moron. There’s a difference.

What is a President going to do, anyway?

a president with hockey knowledge will evaluate the job MB is doing and basically keep him accountable.

does anyone think Molson has the capacity to do this with little to mo hockey experience in any area?

Back