• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

zeke

The leafs fan fake smiling for his girl's selfie is going round american twitter now. Pretty funny.

LeafOfFaith

I frankly think Dubas and co are doing their diligence and evaluating replacements as we speak, with Keefe as the frontrunner. I think Babs’ life support comes to an end as soon as they decide on who the next guy will be, which could be any minute. I could envision them bringing in a more experienced guy plus Keefe as his assistant, but more likely the other way around. But it’s done. Babs is gone.

Skold

I mean, if Tavares was part of an excellent PP or something and generating a ton of points there and was dogshit 5 on 5, maybe we've got something to talk about here regarding his overall impact. But he's been a pretty forgettable part of a bad powerplay but because he gets prime time usage doesn't haven't an embarassing PPG, congratulations?

.93 PPG is good for 27th in the show. 11 million well spent, right?

Btw...5 on 5, he's 120th among centres alone (200 minutes minimum) in P/60. He's been a fucking disaster this year.
I mean, if Tavares was part of an excellent PP or something and generating a ton of points there and was dogshit 5 on 5, maybe we've got something to talk about here regarding his overall impact. But he's been a pretty forgettable part of a bad powerplay but because he gets prime time usage doesn't haven't an embarassing PPG, congratulations?

.93 PPG is good for 27th in the show. 11 million well spent, right?

Btw...5 on 5, he's 120th among centres alone (200 minutes minimum) in P/60. He's been a fucking disaster this year.
Bit late to the game, but sorry, these numbers are BS. Tavares' P/60 is almost twice what you've posted (2.36). Hell, his G/60 is even better then Saint William of Holdout.

JT has definitely NOT been very good, but even the dreaded eyeball test would tell you Tavares is many times the player that Freddy the effing goat is. A little perspective please.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Bit late to the game, but sorry, these numbers are BS. Tavares' P/60 is almost twice what you've posted (2.36). Hell, his G/60 is even better then Saint William of Holdout.

JT has definitely NOT been very good, but even the dreaded eyeball test would tell you Tavares is many times the player that Freddy the effing goat is. A little perspective please.
John Tavares 5 on 5 P/60 is 1.14

Just like I said it was, which is lower than Fred Gauthier's 5 on 5 P/60. In run of the mill 5 on 5 play (210 of his 274 minutes played this season), he's producing like Gauthier.

All facts champ, all facts.

Nobody should care "how many times" better than Gauthier is, if he's producing identical to him during normal run of play.

zeke

I frankly think Dubas and co are doing their diligence and evaluating replacements as we speak, with Keefe as the frontrunner. I think Babs’ life support comes to an end as soon as they decide on who the next guy will be, which could be any minute. I could envision them bringing in a more experienced guy plus Keefe as his assistant, but more likely the other way around. But it’s done. Babs is gone.
honestly don't think there's any evaluation left.

Keefe is gonna be Dubas' choice, and he's been Dubas' guy for near a decade now. Keefe was probably getting offers to be head coach from other orgs this offseason.

Skold

John Tavares 5 on 5 P/60 is 1.14

Just like I said it was, which is lower than Fred Gauthier's 5 on 5 P/60. In run of the mill 5 on 5 play (210 of his 274 minutes played this season), he's producing like Gauthier.

All facts champ, all facts.

Nobody should care "how many times" better than Gauthier is, if he's producing identical to him during normal run of play.
Actually, they're not facts, they're errors. Tavares has 5 ES goals and 4 ES assists in approx. 220 ES mins. Do the math.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Actually, they're not facts, they're errors. Tavares has 5 ES goals and 4 ES assists in approx. 220 ES mins. Do the math.
Except they're not errors.

5 on 5 /= ES

3 on 3, 4 on 4, and pulled goalie situations are all rolled up into "ES". During 210 minutes of regular 5 on 5 hockey this season, John Tavares has 2 goals, and 2 assists.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
As of right now, I'm assuming it's one of Mr or Mrs Tavares.

The boy is too young to use the internet yet, so he's out.