• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

Maybe Dubas just wants to keep him away from The Cock until he fires him?

OMG!!! zeke is now using the stats that he told me were no good.

a) compared to teammates only and

b) with the caveat that he has (by far) the toughest qoc on the team.

Heard somehwwre that xgf is tracked differently this year which explains the league-wide decrease in that particular stat. Kind of ruins the data we've compiled over the last five or so years eh. Too bad.

Heard somehwwre that xgf is tracked differently this year which explains the league-wide decrease in that particular stat. Kind of ruins the data we've compiled over the last five or so years eh. Too bad.

Shouldn't make much difference when looking at for% and rates relative to league I dont think.

My biggest issue with xG, as I've said previously, is possible measurement error. Can't remember who did it, but one stats nerd posted some results of investigating where shots came from and how they were recorded in a game last year. A bunch were off. So, it makes sense to improve this metric with better measurement.

I’d be curious to see a teams xgf results compared to a EW or Micah’s. Based on Tulskys comments earlier this summer I suspect there is a considerable gap

Boner for Zeke Chart

Screenshot-2019-10-15-Mikheyev-Soup-Club-President-draglikepul.png

I hope the chart is updated throughout the season - gotta think strength of schedule not to mention home/away bias would have a strong effect this early in the season.

Matthews line has been absolutely dominant, though haven't scored as much as they should. Johnsson's production is worrying in particular.

Just not good enough from the Tavares line.

The bottom 6 has been pretty much brilliant, though.

Top pair has been just ok against top competition, with Rielly struggling a bit in particular.

2nd pair has been dominant against secondary comp.

3rd pairing has been fine whoever has been in.

Freddy has been poor in net.

credit to the twitter nerds for spotting it and credit to the nhl for getting on it quick.

I think that once Hyman comes back... Give Moore or even Mikehyev a shot on the wing with Matthews and Willy.

A third line of Johnnson Kerfoot and Kappy could cause a tremendous amount of turnovers and quick strikes in counter.

The Leafs have won 24 of their last 50 regular season games. That’s only one more than the Oilers.

Back