• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fantastically Beautiful Joyously Superfun 22-23 Season Celebration Thread

LeafGm

That’s the best way for Auston and the team to handle it. The Dregers and Lebruns of the world will be desperate to make this a constant and major storyline throughout this season, even though both sides can’t even begin negotiations for another nine months.

So, address it now and then completely refuse to dignify any questions about it with a response for the rest of this season.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
I’m just waiting for the “insider” report that Auston will go to AZ for the ownership of the team ala Lemieux.

Artnes

I’m just waiting for the “insider” report that Auston will go to AZ for the ownership of the team ala Lemieux.

Do they even survive that long? People are having fun with it now but its an embarrassment that a major league franchise has resorted to play in minor league conditions

Any other major sport and this would have been dealt with long ago

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Do they even survive that long? People are having fun with it now but its an embarrassment that a major league franchise has resorted to play in minor league conditions

I’d take the team if allowed to relocate.

I was, of course, being facetious. I’ve also read the seemingly never ending predictions of his departure. I just don’t see it. The Leafs can easily afford $14m if that is what it takes (based on mackinnon contract).

Artnes

23. Toronto Maple Leafs: Matt Murray & Ilya Samsonov

Two reclamation projects share the crease in Toronto. It’s been three full seasons since we’ve seen the best version of Murray. And the Washington Capitals gave up on Samsonov despite selecting him in the first round of the NHL Draft in 2015. Add to the mix a history of injury with both goaltenders and it’s hard to predict what might happen in the Leafs’ crease this year. Consistency has been an issue with both. But the upside is that Murray is still just 28 years old and Samsonov is 25. If either can harness his immense talent, the Leafs could finally have a long-term solution in goal.

JackBurton

And BTW, that decision on the new arena is really dragging. crickets about it. It's to the point a 4th year will guarnteed need to be added for that college arena.
Views will be great December 29th for me though

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig

I mean, we deserve this because both were wonky last season....but I this list is pretty junky

- Calgary at 4 is pretty wonky. Takes some serious over rating of Markstrom to get there.
- Florida at 7 is bad. Bobrovsky's "bounce back" year ended up as a .913. Knight is a really nice prospect but 21 games of .908 isn't it yet.
- Ottawa at 8 is a joke. Getting .910-.912 out of those 2 should be the expectation
- Reimer & Kahkonen at 25th is terrible. They're almost identical to Talbot & Forsberg.
- Montreal might have the worst tandem in the league with no upside, but are 20th somehow.

I could do more, but meh.