• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fantastically Beautiful Joyously Superfun 22-23 Season Celebration Thread

zeke

I mean he's ranking us right at the same level as the goaltending we had last year, which is fair.

Here's his rankings from last year, with of course all the wonkiness that goaltending projections always have. Of course, he wasn't too far off on the Leafs, ranking us 19th last year, though i'm no sure his reasoning was any good.

LeafOfFaith

Because goalies are assholes. The two guys we just got will be assholes by being better than guys like Bobrovsky this year, because you can be an asshole by being good when everyone expects you to be bad. In fact, you can almost bank on it. That's goalies.

Hoss

I have this feeling that Murray is going to be solid and so will samsonov as the clear back up but one that we won't be scared to go into games and come out with wins.

Murray looks healthy in his pictures. His dad passed away and was a huge leafs fan.. This is meant to be man. Watch the presser earlier in the summer and the photo of what he looks like now. Different man

zeke

ZAR-Kampf literally unlocks the entire lineup. Fantastic.

#1 Bunting - Matthews - Maner
#4 ZAR - Kampf - NAK/Engvall

That's not some chump 4th line that's a true checking line that can go up against the toughest matchups.

then that leaves any 2 combos of Tavares, Nylander, Robertson, Jarnkrok,. Kerfoot, Engval/NAK which work best to be the 2nd two scoring lines against lesser matchups.

zeke

Highest Scoring #6 forwards in hockey last year:

1. STL Schenn 58pts
2. COL Nichushkin 52
3. TOR Kerfoot 51
4. FLA Bennett 49
5. WPG Stastny 45
6. MIN Gaudreu 44
7. BOS Coyle 44
8. CBJ Jenner 44
9. TBL Cirelli 43
10. PIT Rodrigues 43

zeke

Zeke is going to be so excited when Dubie signs Kerfoot to a long-term contract extension.

Hell, we should even give him a raise. Can’t be understated how valuable he is to this team.

This entire team other than 4 guys are guys Dubas brought in, btw.

Why do you think he's particularly attached to Kerf?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Highest Scoring #6 forwards in hockey last year:

1. STL Schenn 58pts
2. COL Nichushkin 52
3. TOR Kerfoot 51
4. FLA Bennett 49
5. WPG Stastny 45
6. MIN Gaudreu 44
7. BOS Coyle 44
8. CBJ Jenner 44
9. TBL Cirelli 43
10. PIT Rodrigues 43

Same list by P1/60, with some additional 2nd & 3rd line guys thrown in

Vrana: 2.47
Kadri: 2.37
Marchment: 2.22
Duclair: 2.12
Nicushkin: 1.94
Mangiapane: 1.87
Bennett: 1.86
Roslovic: 1.85
Craig Smith: 1.82
Schenn: 1.80
Lundell: 1.75
Jarvis: 1.75
Texier: 1.75
Foligno (no, the other one): 1.75
Olofsson: 1.60
Debrusk: 1.57
Kerfoot: 1.54
Necas: 1.54
Stastny: 1.53
Gaudreau: 1.52
Jenner: 1.51
Crouse: 1.50
Milano: 1.44
Coyle: 1.22
Cirelli: 1.22
Rodrigues: 1.19

I could add a pile more that were in similar roles, but I can't be bothered. Kerfoot is fucking dreadful, however you try to spin it. Complete passenger on a 2nd line.