• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fantastically Beautiful Joyously Superfun 22-23 Season Celebration Thread

Getting time for Robertson to show something. That line is a big opportunity for him.

Those top two lines there are plausible opening night lines if Tavares and Engvall are still out. Though Engvall is most likely in so one of Holmberg, Malgin, Robertson will be booted out by opening night, and another one booted out when Tavares is healthy.

with the injuries it makes the most sense to get a look at those 3. Robertson is your top prospect and Holmgren and Malgin are older pros that were very good in Europe.

it’s likely one of those 3 are going to win the last spot in a healthy lineup.

not sure there is a point in giving that time and opportunity to guys like Gaudette, Anderson, Steeves etc that will be 4th liners at best.

right up until free agency hits and he expects them to sign vastly below market deals to stay (which is then used as justification to support resigning them ad nauseam), and then gets disappointed when they accept market value to go somewhere else.

As is tradition

Pretty high on Holmberg too. He’s played in a ton of big games the last couple years between SHL championships and Olympics, and I think he’s looked pretty good so far.

Hoping Robertson makes it more interesting tonight though.

with the injuries it makes the most sense to get a look at those 3. Robertson is your top prospect and Holmgren and Malgin are older pros that were very good in Europe.

it’s likely one of those 3 are going to win the last spot in a healthy lineup.

not sure there is a point in giving that time and opportunity to guys like Gaudette, Anderson, Steeves etc that will be 4th liners at best.

I'm still big on Steeves to be fair but yeah on Gaudette and Anderson.

With Steeves I think he's close but he doesn't look as mature as Holmberg has to me so far, and it seems like Steeves is exclusively a winger at this point anyways.

And hey if all the kids suck we could go back to having guys like Simmonds and Clifford in the lineup but hopefully not.

Honestly, of all the crap we’ve seen as “coach’s pet” over the years, we could do a lot worse than Jarnkrok. He’s not unskilled.

I think Jarns is going to be a favorite. My extensive youtube scouting after we signed him came up very positive.

Back