• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Volcanologist

more like the team couldn't accommodate the request because we have no depth. otherwise Kyle would probably oblige as he's done with other unhappy players in the past.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I get where Mikky's coming from, he would make more money at home in Russia than he'll make as a rando bottom 6'er in the NHL. But he's had opportunity to move up the lineup and has the soft, soft touch of a serial rapist around the net. This is on him, going to a shit hole team to try to pad stats is probably a bad way to try to make that NHL bank.

Score some goals and he would quickly find his way up the lineup.

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
For whatever reason, I'm so bored with the Leafs at the moment.
Going to be a tough regular season to get excited about. We've seen them win early and often there with disasters waiting at the end. Everything is riding on potential first and second round series against the Bruins and the Bolts. It's hard to he excited about a random win in October when you know those matchups are coming in a few months and the team we'll ice wasn't improved enough.

LeafOfFaith

Not just that. No real exciting adds or big rookies stepping in. Pretty much the same crew with a few tweaks, which is good because the right move is to stay the course, but the usual elements of excitement via shiny new toys is missing.

Jeremy

Not just that. No real exciting adds or big rookies stepping in. Pretty much the same crew with a few tweaks, which is good because the right move is to stay the course, but the usual elements of excitement via shiny new toys is missing.
C’mon, you’re not excited to see what Willy’s hair looks like after the break? Or how about whether Papi still has a stache?

Last edited:

blkngldbabe

Regardless of post season, the boys are exciting regular season games to watch. Sure, you can let the potential ending suck the joy out of watching an amazing brand of hockey that gets diluted due to ridiculous discrepancies in how the game is called post season, or you can enjoy the season and worry about how it ends when that time arrives.

hockeylover

Regardless of post season, the boys are exciting regular season games to watch. Sure, you can let the potential ending suck the joy out of watching an amazing brand of hockey that gets diluted due to ridiculous discrepancies in how the game is called post season, or you can enjoy the season and worry about how it ends when that time arrives.

yeah, I don’t really wanna wake up in 10 years and realize after years of no elite talent, we had Auston Matthews scoring at a nearly 60g pace and didn’t even appreciate those regular seasons so goal will be to try to enjoy it for what it is.

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Regular season, and particular the first month or two of every season, is the best hockey for any viewer. As the season goes on and into the playoffs, the games become lower scoring and pretty dull. I'm stoked, personally. It's entertainment, after all. And the Leafs happen to have some of the most entertaining players in the league. Enjoy it!

leafman101

I'm getting excited for the season. I miss hockey.

The only reason people are so "down" on this team is because they are such a great team and have created high expectations.

This is the most fun Leafs team to watch in my lifetime for sure. We've never had arguably the best hockey player in the world. Enjoy it, because one day we'll have a team where Grabo and Blake are the best players again.

BG

There are going to be some beautiful goals scored again this season and plenty of highlights.

I think it's hard to get too excited about a group that doesn't change much in the offseason, add to that that MLSE keeps them under tight corporate grip - and they all seem terribly vanilla.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Losing Andersen wasn’t enough for you?

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
There are going to be some beautiful goals scored again this season and plenty of highlights.

I think it's hard to get too excited about a group that doesn't change much in the offseason, add to that that MLSE keeps them under tight corporate grip - and they all seem terribly vanilla.
This is to be expected with take built through the draft. Patience.

zeke

Even more exciting this year because we finally get to see a Keefe coached leafs team with this new top 4 up against all the best teams in the league.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Even more exciting this year because we finally get to see a Keefe coached leafs team with this new top 4 up against all the best teams in the league.
You already played the second best team in the league last year. Often.

LeafOfFaith

I'm getting excited for the season. I miss hockey.

The only reason people are so "down" on this team is because they are such a great team and have created high expectations.

This is the most fun Leafs team to watch in my lifetime for sure. We've never had arguably the best hockey player in the world. Enjoy it, because one day we'll have a team where Grabo and Blake are the best players again.
To be clear, I'm not down on the team in any way. I expect it to go far, if not all the way.

Just saying that things are bo-ring this offseason. Need to get training camp going and would like to see some rookie step in or some good trade from out of nowhere to spice things up.