• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

So I haven’t looked at this thread, or paid any attention to any Leaf-related (or even NHL-related) news since the day after the Leafs were eliminated.

Then the first thing I see when I read something on this thread again is a report that Martin Marincin is finally leaving. Pretty funny.

Definitely fake news, though. Marincin will stick around in the NHL for longer than Joe Thornton, and he’ll be with the Leafs that whole time. Can’t get rid of that cockroach.

So I haven’t looked at this thread, or paid any attention to any Leaf-related (or even NHL-related) news since the day after the Leafs were eliminated.

Then the first thing I see when I read something on this thread again is a report that Martin Marincin is finally leaving. Pretty funny.

Definitely fake news, though. Marincin will stick around in the NHL for longer than Joe Thornton, and he’ll be with the Leafs that whole time. Can’t get rid of that cockroach.
Why is this guy living rent free in your head?

Maybe Tavares should take this season to recoup and get back to 100%, allowing us to sign another $11 forward and have them both for the playoffs.

was thinking Marner instead so he can take the time to build up some man legs to be able to shoot the puck at a 9th grade level. Hard to do that over a short summer and when playing hockey during the season. Lol

Why is this guy living rent free in your head?

Me passionately hating on Marty has kind of become a meme on this board, at this point. Why give it up and suck joy out of the lives of Presto & others?

Plus he really is awful, and it is weirdly remarkable how long this terrible depth defenseman has stuck around. Longest-tenured Leaf aside from Morgan Rielly.

Back