• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Season Thread - Redemption Tour '22

So are the Alberta Teams actually good? Or are they just in an easy Division?

Last edited:
So are the Alberta Team actually good? Or are they just in an easy Division?

CGY seems legit solid. Though I still have questions about their top line talent at every position.

EDM is improved buy still just the McDrai show.

As reported locally, Evander Kane resumed skating in San Jose. Apparently, he’s been doing so for a couple of weeks. The Sharks are being beyond careful about commenting on his status, with Kane’s suspension a week away from conclusion. My personal theory is he goes to the AHL to get some games, but again, that’s a personal theory. I do think the Sharks have let it be known they would be willing to retain salary in a trade, but it’s hard to see a market at this time. (TMZ had an update on Kane’s legal situation Monday.)

50% = $3.5m x 4yrs

Kane at 40-50% retention for Ritchie, Dermott, & 1 of Mikky/Engvall. Kane is signed for 3 more years after this at 7 million

Who says no?

Kane-Matthews-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-Kampf-Kase
Engvall/Mikky-Spezza-Simmonds
Semyonov/Clifford

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Lilly
Rubins (until the deadline)

Jack
Pete

Remember that, as we saw at the trade deadline last season, 50% retention isn't the practical limit. You can also bring in another team as a intermediary and get double retention on the contract.

I dunno, though. On the ice Kane is sort of exactly the kind of ingredient we're missing in a few different ways. But the fact that he's such a monumental piece of shit in the locker room and life outside the rink has me unconvinced the good would outweigh the bad.

Kane at 40-50% retention for Ritchie, Dermott, & 1 of Mikky/Engvall. Kane is signed for 3 more years after this at 7 million

Who says no?

Kane-Matthews-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
Bunting-Kampf-Kase
Engvall/Mikky-Spezza-Simmonds
Semyonov/Clifford

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Lilly
Rubins (until the deadline)

Jack
Pete
Dubas says no. He’s not bringing that shithead clown show into town.

Fair.

Though I think we need to find another 25+ goal scorer somewhere and I don't know how else to do it for Ritchie, Dermott, and a Swedish Ostrich.

We're playing great and that's outstanding, but we're still in the position that one injury and a 1-2 slumps in our core 4 would leave us thin as fuck up front. I think we've gotta be past the point of just looking at the 4 of them and saying "fuck it, they'll do it themselves" as a viable cup winning strategy. Maybe Kase, Bunting, Spezza, Kerfoot is enough offensive insulation. I don't think so though.

We definitely need another scorer. There’s no doubt about that.

If a better option doesn’t present itself, I still think Kessel would be a very interesting add. I don’t think he’s positioned to put up numbers on Arizona, and his lack of production and his expiring contract likely make him an easy, cheap get with big time retention. And him playing on any of the top three lines and providing what he can usually bring would be huge.

Back