• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple comp - goal and point Paces split up into even strength and PP, plus expected goals for relaitive to teammates at even strength. Save percentage and difference from expected save percentage for goalies, in total and split up in 5v5 and PK.

Screenshot_20210516-144013_Sheets.jpg

Wonder who sits for him.

Should be no one.

We better go deep for all of this gud pro loving. I very much personally dislike this new organizational direction of Nash's on 3rd lines, Bogosian's over better young defenders, etc.

I'm good with a mixture of added leadership with some savagery (No problem with Wayne Simmonds on my 4th line, obviously no problem with Spezza and Jumbo, etc) but I really dislike one dimensional plugs getting a pass because their one dimension is making coach feel safe.

Should be no one.

We better go deep for all of this gud pro loving. I very much personally dislike this new organizational direction of Nash's on 3rd lines, Bogosian's over better young defenders, etc.

I'm good with a mixture of added leadership with some savagery (No problem with Wayne Simmonds on my 4th line, obviously no problem with Spezza and Jumbo, etc) but I really dislike one dimensional plugs getting a pass because their one dimension is making coach feel safe.

Is it that egregious to dress Bogo over Dermott though, or have Nash center the third line?

Maybe my eyes are lying, but I feel like Bogo’s pretty solid this year, and can’t really think of why Dermott playing on his off-side should be a slam dunk to stay in the lineup ahead of him.

Likewise, no one we’ve had in that third line center role this year has really stepped forward and grabbed a hold of that job, so I don’t mind at all seeing what Nash can do with an opportunity there.

Doesn't look like dermott on the right has worked very well.

Dermott-Bogosian 57.4xgf%
Sandin- Bogosian 55.5
Lehtonen-Bogosian 54.5

Hutton-Dermott 54.6
Sandin-Dermott 45.1
Lehtonen-Dermott 40.6

I mean we have B2B twice, maybe we cycle 3 of those guys in the bottom pair?

There's only one set of back-to-back games in this series against Montreal. The Leafs will also be entering this series having only played two games in the preceding 11 days, so it's not like fatigue's going to be too much of an issue.

I think you're better off just dressing your three best defense pairings whenever health permits.

Is it that egregious to dress Bogo over Dermott though

I think so yeah. I'm not sure what Bogosian does better than Dermott. I know what he does worse though.

or have Nash center the third line?

Considering that he's been a 4C for most of the last 3 years and Engvall is a fair bit better than him analytically...yeah.

The guy has been playing 10-12 minutes a night for Columbus for the last 3 years and is rolling in fresh off of a significant injury with no game time and almost no practice time into the top 9 of a forward group that if it doesn't score at 5 on 5, doesn't fucking score right anymore. How is this a thing?

We didn't get gud pro'd out of the building by Columbus last playoffs, our skill let us down (goaltending, goal scoring) and our reaction appears to be never be out gud pro'd again and sitting our complimentary skill.

Doesn't look like dermott on the right has worked very well.

Dermott-Bogosian 57.4xgf%
Sandin- Bogosian 55.5
Lehtonen-Bogosian 54.5

Hutton-Dermott 54.6
Sandin-Dermott 45.1
Lehtonen-Dermott 40.6

Natty has him at 63% xgf with Hutton and 62% on Rielly's right. The 45% small sample showing with Sandin is a concern though, granted, as Sandin would be his partner on the pairing if this goes that way.

I'm good with letting Raz and Dermott battle it out for the last LD spot. Raz being the better pp guy gives him the edge for me but I wouldn't say he's a lock to stay in either. Dermott is probably the better 5 on 5 guy at this stage so it would be up to Raz to hold up and/or give the dead pp a boost.

Of course if the Raz-Dermott pairing does well before bogosian comes back you don't touch a thing.

There's only one set of back-to-back games in this series against Montreal. The Leafs will also be entering this series having only played two games in the preceding 11 days, so it's not like fatigue's going to be too much of an issue.

I think you're better off just dressing your three best defense pairings whenever health permits.
ah for some reason i thought they had two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back