• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have Stone, MaxPac and some good d-men....maybe not enough but their bigger problem has been entering the zone and then getting outhustled along the boards during puck retreivals.

issues on entry and losing on puck retrievals... what does that sound like?

i can't believe how unadaptable nhl coaches are.

"didn't work for the leafs. didn't work for the jets. let's try again".

Oh no, we care more about our team.

What I love is how Leaf fans can't own their bullshit.

But but but 10 points!!!!!!

giphy.webp

You would know that if you were a real Habs fan.

Were not dunking on the Leafs btw. We're dunking on the stupid fans in your base.

Love how this whole Habs run habs fans care more about dunking on leafs fans than cheering their own team.

bUt bRuInS r ReAl rIvAlS

Habsy is an outlier, tho. I don’t see other posters dunking on the Leafs. Must be an FI rivalry thing.

Not that the leafs don't deserve it but yeah, Twitter is full of habs fans dunkerooing. Part of the joy of their success right now is beating their biggest, most despised rival. I don't blame them.

Not that the leafs don't deserve it but yeah, Twitter is full of habs fans dunkerooing. Part of the joy of their success right now is beating their biggest, most despised rival. I don't blame them.

I just took that W (in round one) and moved on to round 2, and now 3...

issues on entry and losing on puck retrievals... what does that sound like?

i can't believe how unadaptable nhl coaches are.

"didn't work for the leafs. didn't work for the jets. let's try again".

not sure what they could do differently at this point

You are definitely not like most fans tho!

I don’t get most fans tho... When the Habs win, I feel a sense of luck, not some tribal superiority. I’m just a viewer in an unscripted drama... I didn’t write any part of it!

I don’t get most fans tho... When the Habs win, I feel a sense of luck, not some tribal superiority. I’m just a viewer in an unscripted drama... I didn’t write any part of it!
Sports fandom by nature throws all rationality out of the window. It's nothing more than something to distract us from life's brutal realities. None of our behavior as fans makes sense. Why do we care so much about a bunch of millionaires having success? Why do we want to murder someone for throwing a dirty hit on one of "our" players? Why do we want to murder Mitch Marner? Your behavior simply happens to make more sense than the majority of fans tho.

I cheer and bitch as irrationally as the next guy for mercenaries wearing the jersey I was compelled to follow when I was 5, but I see no reason to dunk on others enamoured by another jersey.

I don’t know how you can watch the last two minutes of regulation and feel lucky. Pure skill. Or so my other mini frenemy just told me at hockey this morning.

As big of a muffin as it was for MAF to cough up. There were 3 Habs bearing down on him. It was the worst possible outcome for him... But I'm sure a lot of goalies would have fucked up to some degree there.

I don’t know how you can watch the last two minutes of regulation and feel lucky. Pure skill. Or so my other mini frenemy just told me at hockey this morning.

by luck, I meant lucky that the team I feel compelled to root won the game (whether they won by luck or skill is irrelevant)

in the case of last night, I was lucky that the Habs got lucky....just like you are lucky that the Leafs got lucky in 2016 and drafted Auston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back