• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Season Thread

GGpX

Well when one guy was drafted higher, has been a better goal scorer, is more physical/better defensively, has had his teams go further in the playoffs while being a key contributor, and will get a much higher number in contract negotiations - it may check out.
One guy got drafted higher than the other two years apart? Who gives a ****? By that logic, would you lean towards Yakupov over Rielly? Or Sam Bennett over Nylander?

Not sure what being drafted higher has to do with anything? This goes along the lines of your nonsensical 32 GMs would argument. You're just typing up shit with no merit that seems to fit your narrative.

Deckie007

One guy got drafted higher than the other two years apart? Who gives a ****? By that logic, would you lean towards Yakupov over Rielly? Or Sam Bennett over Nylander?

Not sure what being drafted higher has to do with anything? This goes along the lines of your nonsensical 32 GMs would argument. You're just typing up shit with no merit that seems to fit your narrative.

I like this guy. Can we trade 05 to the Habs board for him?

Killer93

Bring back Patrick Marleau!

In all seriousness, Jumbo has offered more at $750k than Patty and his "leadership" ever did at $6.25 million. Fucking senile Lou

leaffan2005

Let's ignore all the other stuff. The draft status is relevant given he was more highly touted coming out junior. By itself it doesn't mean anything but it adds to the entire picture that you predictably ignored.

And I stand by it. 32 out of 32 GMs take Tkachuk over Nylander.

LeafGm

Bring back Patrick Marleau!

In all seriousness, Jumbo has offered more at $750k than Patty and his "leadership" ever did at $6.25 million. Fucking senile Lou

The Leafs pushed hard to land those two as a package deal that summer, but Thornton wasn't ready to leave San Jose. Seeing him play with Marner & Matthews this year, I can't help but wonder about what it would've looked like if Thornton had been playing with these guys for the past three years.

Though of course he probably never would've played on a line with Marner & Matthews as long as Babcock was here. And signing both Marleau & Thornton for big money probably would've cost us one of Tavares or Nylander.

GGpX

Let's ignore all the other stuff. The draft status is relevant given he was more highly touted coming out junior. By itself it doesn't mean anything but it adds to the entire picture that you predictably ignored.

lol ok

I'm going to fill up my posts full of nonsense to fill up the screen, bring up irrelevant "facts" (that aren't fact btw, but feel free if it makes you feel better) to support my narative and--- HEY why aren't you listening to anything I say???

Player A was more highly touted than Player B because he was drafted... 2 positions higher than Player B two years after Player B was drafted... And it's relevant to my thought process because... because... because................... ummmmmmmmmm............................... NUMBERS

If it makes you feel better, 32 out of 32 random posters not named leaffan2005 think you're grasping at straws and have a cactus growing on the side of your head due to some kind of weird mutation. And I stand by it.

But you do you do, playboy. Speculate away.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
If it makes you feel better, 32 out of 32 random posters not named leaffan2005 think you're grasping at straws and have a cactus growing on the side of your head due to some kind of weird mutation. And I stand by it.
I knew that mRNA vaccine technology was sketchy.

GGpX

Random thought... But, in a league where people like Lou Lamiorello and motherfucking Ken Holland have jobs, that Peter Chiarelli is (allegedly) rumored to be in running for nearly every new GM opening and those people are actually respected in the NHL, I'm not sure the 32 out of 32 GMs would do follow exactly my thought process is the most sound of arguments.

But hey, who am I to say?

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Random thought... But, in a league where people like Lou Lamiorello and motherfucking Ken Holland have jobs, that Peter Chiarelli is (allegedly) rumored to be in running for nearly every new GM opening and those people are actually respected in the NHL, I'm not sure the 32 out of 32 GMs would do follow exactly my thought process is the most sound of arguments.

But hey, who am I to say?
You'll be hard pressed to find a less innovative group of executives in basically any industry.

LeafGm

Draft status is relevant if you're comparing players in their draft years, or shortly thereafter. Several years later it doesn't mean a whole lot anymore, and even less so when you're not even comparing two guys who were selected in the same draft class.

leaffan2005

lol ok

I'm going to fill up my posts full of nonsense to fill up the screen, bring up irrelevant "facts" (that aren't fact btw, but feel free if it makes you feel better) to support my narative and--- HEY why aren't you listening to anything I say???

Player A was more highly touted than Player B because he was drafted... 2 positions higher than Player B two years after Player B was drafted... And it's relevant to my thought process because... because... because................... ummmmmmmmmm............................... NUMBERS

But you do you do, playboy. Speculate away.

Lol man I must have hit a nerve. The Habs must have lost a bunch of games in a row recently.

And people say I need to calm down. Gonna' pop a coronary at this rate.

GGpX

leafman2005 would have a point - to an extent - about draft status if Tkachuk was taken 6th and Nylander was taken, say, 60th. Then, yeah, it would be pretty accurate to say Tkachuk was more highly touted coming out of junior.

(Nylander wasn't coming out of Junior, since he was drafted out of the SEL, but you know, facts don't ever matter when they don't support your narrative.)

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
To find out, I just WhatsApped all the GMs....only 23 out of 32 told me to **** off.