• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Season Thread

Volcanologist

lol he scored 47 in 70 games "fat" last season....but my takeaway from that article:

Mack believes some of Matthews’ early injuries in the NHL – which have included back, shoulder and wrist problems in his first four seasons – can be prevented in the future. He leaned hard on Matthews to improve the stability in his hips and waist, calling those improvements “the two largest things we did.” That stronger foundation then allowed them to push him in other areas, including creating “more space in all the joints” where he needed it.

“We just wanted anything he asked of his body to be less of a task,” Mack explained. “The less challenging it can be for him to move through all his motions, the more energy and the more efficient he is with everything else. We wanted to make sure he was elastic.”

LeafOfFaith

So Lehtonen won’t play while Bogo does?

I hate when throwaway vets take younger players’ spots. Like fucking Simmonds instead of Engvall. Dumb.

Jeremy

Keefe was saying they don’t want to throw Lehtonen out there without him being ready for it.

LeafGm

Lehtonen’s only three years younger than Bogosian (he’s turning 27 years old in a few days, Bogo is 30), so he’s not exactly a “kid”.

Agreed that he needs to be given a legit opportunity to show what he can do, though. Hopefully he doesn’t sit for long.

Volcanologist

I found that whole Lehtonen thing very strange. What conclusions exactly can you draw from a bullshit scrimmage? that wasn't even a game against an actual opponent, let alone played in anger.

no problem with Dermott getting a chance though. This is a pretty important season for him.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
I hope Keefer doesn't go full Nick Nurse on Lehtonen just because he's a newbie to the league.

soco22

I found that whole Lehtonen thing very strange. What conclusions exactly can you draw from a bullshit scrimmage? that wasn't even a game against an actual opponent, let alone played in anger.

no problem with Dermott getting a chance though. This is a pretty important season for him.

More of an issue for me if we don’t get sandin some playing time somewhere.

assuming lehtonen will be rotating in and out with dermott until one of them proves to be better than the other or injuries force for both to be needed

Jeremy

The caution with Lehtonen makes some sense with this being his first NHL season and no proper training camp. Hope he gets in there fairly soon though.

leafman101

Lehtonen and Sandin don't need waivers and Bogo does.

Its a cap move. It doesn't make sense to keep those guys on the roster on days they don't play.

LeafOfFaith

There's going to have to be a big trade at some point soon.

You can't just have a bunch of NHL talent pushed to the fringes.

LeafOfFaith

Yup. And funny enough, I expect it to be a significant scorer. Some power forward. Who are the pending UFA candidates up front?