• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Season Thread

When they measure performance of the model at the end of the year Dom's always comes out one of the best, and better than evolving-wild, moneypuck and ineffectivemath etc..

I think his numbers are the best ones out there.

The problem is that they're mostly not public, so you can't see a breakdown of EV vs PP or make your own personal adjustments based on usage changes.

So you see Muzzin at 1.33 and Petry at 1.75 and that's a big edge for Petry, but that's likely all because petry plays on the PP and muzzin doesn't. But I can't be sure of the exact details unfortunately.

But overall his numbers are good - his model has pretty much the best track record out there, and imo in no small part because he's the only guy out there who never fought against QOC being important, he instinctively knew it was so he made sure to figure out how to incorporate it from the start.

Oh but wait - I just noticed there's more numbers available so maybe I can find some more there.

His points projections btw:

1. McDavid 121
2. Draisaitl 113
3. Kucherov 104
4. MacKinnon 103
5. Pastrnak 99
6. Panarin 97
7. Matthews 96
8. Marchand 96
9. Marner 96
10. Malkin 95
i will take the under on kucherov :p

thanks for the reply

im also assuming those are 82 game pace porjections

Doesn’t Auston usually score a bunch in the first game of the season? Thought I saw that somewhere.

I believe his rookie season he went through some larger dry spells after a hot start but hes been pretty consistent since then

Honestly, that's about as much praise as I ever want for Willy. He does all the dirty work without getting dirty while producing like a star. But because he's smart enough to be in the right spot instead of "working hard" to chase the play, and because he doesn't hit, dinosaurs can't stand him. He was constantly the first forward back, in great position defensively in transition last night. Did good work along the boards, great as usual on the back check (had a few strips that stopped transition rushes for Montreal). But he, he's not intimidating anyone physically so guys like Burke have no time for him. Let's be real, Burke would have taken Ritchie had he been running our draft table that year.

Honestly, that's about as much praise as I ever want for Willy. He does all the dirty work without getting dirty while producing like a star. But because he's smart enough to be in the right spot instead of "working hard" to chase the play, and because he doesn't hit, dinosaurs can't stand him. He was constantly the first forward back, in great position defensively in transition last night. Did good work along the boards, great as usual on the back check (had a few strips that stopped transition rushes for Montreal). But he, he's not intimidating anyone physically so guys like Burke have no time for him. Let's be real, Burke would have taken Ritchie had he been running our draft table that year.
Burke and a lot of the older guys are struggling with the changes the game is undergoing.

And there's also that deep down, lizard-brain resentment of dudes who are more talented and don't have to try as hard as he did.

Back