• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Season Thread

Burke and a lot of the older guys are struggling with the changes the game is undergoing.

And there's also that deep down, lizard-brain resentment of dudes who are more talented and don't have to try as hard as he did.

but it's not even that.

Burke is a guy who bet his franchise on Phil Kessel.

Phil Kessel.

This just about Burke having talked himself into a corner the last couple years with his idiotic contract criticisms, now unable to admit when he's wrong.

Burke was fine giving up 2 lottery picks for PHil Kessel. But keeping Nylander, already in the organization and signing him in his prime is a big sin. Makes no sense.

aaaaand....Willy is a better player right now than Kessel ever has been in his career. Phil had a few offensive seasons that when adjusted for the season, Willy will never touch (top 10 in scoring a few times). But Willy is better at everything else.

but it's not even that.

Burke is a guy who bet his franchise on Phil Kessel.

Phil Kessel.

This just about Burke having talked himself into a corner the last couple years with his idiotic contract criticisms, now unable to admit when he's wrong.

Yeah, at this point, this is it IMO.

Maybe he initially didn’t like Nylander because he’s pretty, because he’s Euro or because he’s not “truculent”.

At this point though, I think it’s all Burke’s ego. He was so adamant that the Leafs should trade Nylander and that the Leafs couldn’t have success paying the big-3+JT all that money, that he’s going to ignore all evidence to the contrary and pray he eventually gets a “told ya so” moment.

Let's just be honest with ourselves. William Nylanders unbelievable looks intimidates male boomers. He's a sexy mother fucker and they simply can't handle it. Period. End of story.

Let's just be honest with ourselves. William Nylanders unbelievable looks intimidates male boomers. He's a sexy mother fucker and they simply can't handle it. Period. End of story.
I've long made this claim on here. If he looked like Kyle Clifford, there'd be so much less hate. It pisses dudes off. He's too damn beautiful.

I've long made this claim on here. If he looked like Kyle Clifford, there'd be so much less hate. It pisses dudes off. He's too damn beautiful.
If he claimed Calgary as home he would even get more respect. Good looking Swede doesn't sit well with some still

Needs to be a good ol Canadian boy for some to think they add value

Burke looks so old and it looks like he can barely move.
He looks like what a chicken meatball might look like if it came to life and was really grumpy about its new circumstances.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if the camera dropped down and showed him sitting on the can.

Back