• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Motherfucking 2021 Season Thread

Otoh, Johnny hockey might just be a lazy disinterested fuck and Tkachuk might be in the right.

Johnny isn't so lazy when he's binging on coke. In all seriousness, a little coke here and there is fine but by all reports he has a real issue.

Summary of Friedman's 31 thoughts segment on Calgary:

"Oh man. Friedman Disclosed some pretty telling issues in Calgary.

Elliotte Friedman states it all started with the Muzzin puck incident
• They had an internal meeting after that and it went sideways after that
• Tkachuk was frustrated, he feels that some of his teammates didn't want him creating something every game.
• Tkachuk is confused with that as that is how he plays the game, causing chaos and getting everyone involved
• Markstromm charged down the ice, twice. Elliotte thinks it's to send a message that "we are not playing hard enough"
• Elliotte says that the Calgary group is not playing for each other
• Brad Treliving is making calls on a lot of guys. Not only for Sam Bennett.
• Elliotte says Calgary are looking at this as "It's time to change our group" (Hard to do due to Border-- but they are trying to change there group)"

Trust zeke, @leaffan2005 .

None of that proves he is a bad teammate and that he is a problem in the lockerroom. In fact it shows he likely cares more about winning than most in that lockerroom.

And I am apparently the one stretching the facts to fit a narrative. Doesn't mean Tkachuk is the most mature hockey player out there (neither is Nylander btw) but this notion that he is some problem child is just fiction at this point.

Summary of Friedman's 31 thoughts segment on Calgary:

"Oh man. Friedman Disclosed some pretty telling issues in Calgary.

Elliotte Friedman states it all started with the Muzzin puck incident
• They had an internal meeting after that and it went sideways after that
• Tkachuk was frustrated, he feels that some of his teammates didn't want him creating something every game.
• Tkachuk is confused with that as that is how he plays the game, causing chaos and getting everyone involved
• Markstromm charged down the ice, twice. Elliotte thinks it's to send a message that "we are not playing hard enough"
• Elliotte says that the Calgary group is not playing for each other
• Brad Treliving is making calls on a lot of guys. Not only for Sam Bennett.
• Elliotte says Calgary are looking at this as "It's time to change our group" (Hard to do due to Border-- but they are trying to change there group)"

Trust zeke, @leaffan2005 .

The Flames just need to sit down with 05 so he can explain to them that Tkachuk is just misunderstood. He's really just a guy with jam who gives 110% every night, gets in deep, gets it on net, and occasionally goes top cheddar and has a sick celly.

He's not an insufferable douchebag that the team can't stand at all.

None of that proves he is a bad teammate and that he is a problem in the lockerroom. In fact it shows he likely cares more about winning than most in that lockerroom.

And I am apparently the one stretching the facts to fit a narrative. Doesn't mean Tkachuk is the most mature hockey player out there (neither is Nylander btw) but this notion that he is some problem child is just fiction at this point.

bagdad-bob.jpg

The Flames just need to sit down with 05 so he can explain to them that Tkachuk is just misunderstood. He's really just a guy with jam who gives 110% every night, gets in deep, gets it on net, and occasionally goes top cheddar and has a sick celly.

He's not an insufferable douchebag that the team can't stand at all.

Where in that Zeke post does it show that his teammates "can't stand him"?

You are better than this speculative nonsense.

Yeah tbh this summary puts me on Tkachuk's side.

My take is that we can reasonably deduce that there are problems in Calgary's room, and they involve Tkachuk in some capacity.

Beyond that, who the fuck knows. Enjoying the speculation though.

Oh, and Willy is the sexiest.

Body language on the ice tells you enough

When you consistently start shit and no one picks up for you, they dont like you

Body language on the ice tells you enough

When you consistently start shit and no one picks up for you, they dont like you

This and exactly this. The body language of his team when we went trying to start a fight was pretty damning. That's now how teammates react to a well-liked guy getting embarrassed.

I’m not sure things could have shaken out any worse for our goaltending this year.

We burned cap space to keep our veteran #3 around, out of fear of losing him. Then injuries forced our hand and we lost him on waivers...almost immediately prior to Campbell getting injured.

And now, we get a Freddie injury that I might’ve welcomed previously, since it’d give Campbell a chance to get a run of starts...except he’s still out with his injury.

Back