• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The MotherFucking Off-Season Thread

So no extra D or forward?

I'm also kinda concerned now that one of these guys (Boyd, Anderson) is intended to be Johnsson's replacement. Or maybe Barabanov. Or more likely, Robertson will be on the third line, and one of the Boyd/Anderson types will occupy the 4th line wing.

They can't really add anything without giving up another player.

I don't think Dermott is going to be around for much longer. I was positive Johnsson was leaving, and I'm only just a little less positive that Dermott is next to go. Really hoping for a good trade. Giving away Johnsson for this guy stings a bit.

So no extra D or forward?

I'm also kinda concerned now that one of these guys (Boyd, Anderson) is intended to be Johnsson's replacement. Or maybe Barabanov. Or more likely, Robertson will be on the third line, and one of the Boyd/Anderson types will occupy the 4th line wing.

They can't really add anything without giving up another player.
They always had to downgrade their third line to improve their top 4 d. I agree with them prioritizing a d that plays about 6-8 minutes more per game than a third liner. That's the cap. It is what it is.

They always had to downgrade their third line to improve their top 4 d. I agree with them prioritizing a d that plays about 6-8 minutes more per game than a third liner. That's the cap. It is what it is.

It's not like the 3rd or 4th line were productive last year anyway.

Brodie is more valuable to us than Johnsson, for sure. But the forwards are looking a little weaker than I was hoping.

Now I really want something like my Kessel trade proposal to happen. Need another vet winger.

Dubas needs some more savy vet signings like Spezza and Simmonds. Need these every off season given our cap structure; and it will work. Boyd was another solid depth move

Brodie is more valuable to us than Johnsson, for sure. But the forwards are looking a little weaker than I was hoping.

Now I really want something like my Kessel trade proposal to happen. Need another vet winger.
They'll go as far as the big boys will take them. Their bottom six will just need to tread water. Fourth line looks good. Third line just has to be good defensively. I think it can be. They'll continue to hunt for bargain names too. But yeah, I wouldn't expect many goals out of them unless Robertson or that Barby guy randomly crush it. They could very much use one of those guys surprising in a big way.

Happy to get a grumpy perry type of coming at min, need a couple of those to change that culture (ie. bringing in Roberts/corson types)

I'm a little taken aback by the market value for Johnsson. Yeah, coming off an injured, bad year, but he's a pretty good player. Unless they really think something of Anderson, I would've been happier with a 2nd. I still think the possibility of grabbing one good young winger should've been there if Johnsson/Dermott were packaged. Or Johnsson/Lilly. And preferably before the draft came and went.

I'm a little taken aback by the market value for Johnsson. Yeah, coming off an injured, bad year, but he's a pretty good player. Unless they really think something of Anderson, I would've been happier with a 2nd. I still think the possibility of grabbing one good young winger should've been there if Johnsson/Dermott were packaged. Or Johnsson/Lilly. And preferably before the draft came and went.
Anderson isn't bad. He's probably worth a 2nd. 3rd at worst. I think he's an nhler. Less sexy and won't put up the numbers AJ has the potential of putting up but he could be solid. Trust the Dube on this one I think. His ahl numbers are solid and he's a lot younger than AJ.

I think they probably like Joey.

For some perspective he's been better than AJ was at the same age so far.

Chris Stewart is available......a Scarborough line would be extra gritty. Bring back Mike Ricci for the ultimate Scarborough line.
Mike Johnson was a Scarborough boy as well.

I am....I live in markham but I grew up there and have been a teacher and vp here for over 20 years.

Chris Stewart's nephew is in my school now. Doesn't play hockey though

They may see Anderson as a guy who can be a decent depth contributor but won’t on his next contest cost what they were paying johnsson.

So Mikheyev and Dermott still need $3.5-$4M.

Who's leaving then?

Even if Dermott gets traded, we still need more space for Mikheyev.

Something's up. There's more to come.

Back