• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The MotherFucking Off-Season Thread

Just parked outside my kiddos school, watching the kids play before pickup. It’s Jersey day today or school colors. The class that’s out has three leafs jerseys in it. A Tavares, a Marner and a Matthews. Oh and another just joined in. Another Johnny T. A smattering of Barrie Colts sweaters and a random Flames and a Pens. So fun. Hockey is such a big thing up this way. I don’t recall it being like that when I grew up in Don Mills

C’mon, there’s just no way that’s actually going to happen.

Tavares won’t be coming off our cap. He’ll just re-up on an NHL minimum deal to play behind McDavid & Matthews.
I actually do believe that. I meant his $11m salary will be coming off.

I could totally see him taking a $4M or $5M deal at age 34 to be our 3C if he's still got game.

Imagine a McDavid, Matthews, Tavares 1, 2, 3 punch.

I love how the media is like always 2 years behind this forum.

I remember getting into Arguments with "smart" hockey fans at work on how JT will hurt our cap and wasn't really the guy to spend 11 mill on.

They should have spent that money on a high-end d-man. * though full disclosure, I would have spent that money on Erik Karlsson.... yikes *

I love how the media is like always 2 years behind this forum.

I remember getting into Arguments with "smart" hockey fans at work on how JT will hurt our cap and wasn't really the guy to spend 11 mill on.

They should have spent that money on a high-end d-man. * though full disclosure, I would have spent that money on Erik Karlsson.... yikes *

hey list even the top-5 big money dman targets that have moved the past few years and see if they're better than tavares.

Back