• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

bat shit stupid trade for the 49ers

grabbing a high calibre QB in the draft and surrounding him with talent while he gets paid on an affordable rookie contract is the way to win

of course, you have to get the QB right...otherwise you have to start over

I'm 35/65 in Darnold ever becoming good....but not a bad gamble by Carolina

He’s very likely not going to be good. But those Jets teams have to be some of the worst rosters assembled for a young QB. They gave him zero.

I will laugh so hard if he does better than their draft pick qb.

Hope Darnold does turn it around. He was in a terrible situation, but never complained and showed up every day. That guy isn't becoming a top NFL QB though. He has the tools, but not the brain. Didn't make sense for the Jets to start paying him $20 mill a year, instead of drafting a cheap QB with upside that can't possibly be any worse than Darnold has been the last 3 years.

Poor Robby Anderson though. Was a 1000 yard receiver with Bridgwater and McCown, but now he gets Darnold back.

panthers might still draft a QB if a good one falls to them (ie Fields).

Pretty solid gamble by the Panthers, IMO.
Wasn't that Jets o-line a total sh!t show for the time he was there?
No one was ever scared of that Jets run game either. McCaffrey 2019, ran for 1387 yards. The Jets top rusher in 2019 & 2018 combined: 1474 yards. Better run game, better o-line, better coaching, better management, way lower expectations. Good gamble.

Even though AR plays for my biggest rival; I find him amazing. He's so frank about being irked with his coaching staff/GM but that doesn't prevent him from giving 100% on the field and playing at an elite level.

Now there's talk of him wanting the Jeopardy gig full time -- it's possible as the whole season is shot in less than 2 months.

But I actually didn't think he was great at it --- he was great as a celebrity stand in....but probably lacks the voice/energy to be elite at it.

Back