• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Shanaplan File

saw a snap of shanny with his family from a summer or two ago and he still has a 6 pack at 40 something.

conversely, I think we all know what kind of 6-pack Burkie is most familar with.

po0432eoj

Resemblance is just uncanny.

Leafs officially picking 17th with Nashville advancing to the Western Conf Final

The year after our first top pick since Wendel...we end up picking 17th overall.

**spooky noises**

Would be amazing if Liljregren falls for no reason like Chychrun did last year. Kinda setting up that way.
Yes sure hope so. I still don't get why and how Chychrun fell so much in draft.

I didn't watch him play a lot, so not sure how his rookie season was, but I do know he made the NHL rightaway, and managed to pickup 20 points as a 19 years old rookie.

..updated. A little surprised that they didn't announce Dubas sooner.. or perhaps wait until the Marlies finished their run.

Updated with recent draft picks.

As far as the Shanaplan goes, a Calder Cup win is just another step in his large goal of bringing a Stanley Cup.

Nice to witness these milestones - really confirms a lot of things that Shanahan and his team have put in place.

1. a complete roster overhaul - only 3 players remain from 3yrs ago - Rielly, Kadri, Gardiner.

2. 4 top 10 picks without one miss - Matthews Marner Nylander Rielly all impact players already.

3. a clean cap situation with no crippling contracts to non-core player's. the only one close here is the Zaitsev contract which is a moderate caphit and may well end up good value yet.

4. targetting and getting the best UFA of the last decade.

5. only 2 players older than 28 on the roster - Marleau and hainsey - both complementary wily vet leaders on short term deals.

6. all sorts of good cheap depth both on the roster and on their championship AHL club.

7. salvaged the only good inherited talent - kadri and Gardiner - who were nearly ruined by previous management.

8. top tier coaching and management

pretty good rebuild there.

yeah it's gone near perfectly.

if we get any production at all out of our drafts, starting a couple years back and moving forward into the next 5-7 years, we're laughing.

also, I suspect now that the File may get another addition here before camp. I don't think the Leafs are done yet...Tavares didn't sign because Dubas told him they were going to sit on their hands after acquiring him. Whatever the plan is, JT is pretty enthused about it.

1. a complete roster overhaul - only 3 players remain from 3yrs ago - Rielly, Kadri, Gardiner.

2. 4 top 10 picks without one miss - Matthews Marner Nylander Rielly all impact players already.

3. a clean cap situation with no crippling contracts to non-core player's. the only one close here is the Zaitsev contract which is a moderate caphit and may well end up good value yet.

4. targetting and getting the best UFA of the last decade.

5. only 2 players older than 28 on the roster - Marleau and hainsey - both complementary wily vet leaders on short term deals.

6. all sorts of good cheap depth both on the roster and on their championship AHL club.

7. salvaged the only good inherited talent - kadri and Gardiner - who were nearly ruined by previous management.

8. top tier coaching and management

pretty good rebuild there.

Thats what happens when a proper strategy is in place with good management

No bandaids , no bad signings , proper development of players , etc...

/tldr

2014 - Holy shit, we've hired Shanahan, Dubas and Hunter
2015 - Holy shit, we've hired Babcock, Lamoriello and traded Kessel, Phaneuf
2016 - Holy shit, we won the lottery and drafted Austen Matthews
2017 - Holy shit, after an unexpected playoff round Liljegren dropped to us at #17
2018 - Holy shit, we've signed John Tavares

/tldr

2014 - Holy shit, we've hired Shanahan, Dubas and Hunter
2015 - Holy shit, we've hired Babcock, Lamoriello and traded Kessel, Phaneuf
2016 - Holy shit, we won the lottery and drafted Austen Matthews
2017 - Holy shit, after an unexpected playoff round Liljegren dropped to us at #17
2018 - Holy shit, we've signed John Tavares
The kind of situation which can result in a cup.

Back