• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Which Would You Prefer?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Just out of boredom and curiosity, which would you prefer out of the two outcomes presented?

Winning the cup this year

or

Acquiring first overall pick?

There's never an excuse to pick a draft pick over a Cup. The reason to hope for a 1st overall pick is to possibly win a Cup someday.

That said, losing in the "play-in" gives us a 1 in 8 shot at #1... winning the play-in still puts us at 1-16 for the Cup... and that's assuming all teams are equal, which they are not. We'd probably still be 25-1 at best.

I'm not going to be too upset if we lose the play-in.

I have a horrible feeling the Leafs are going to lose in the qualifier round and get first pic. Gross

No chance we win the cup, we either lose in first round or second round. Second round would suck because it just gives us a crappy draft pick with nothing to show.

No chance we win the cup, we either lose in first round or second round. Second round would suck because it just gives us a crappy draft pick with nothing to show.
That wasn't the question. Nobody thinks we are winning the Cup. The question is if you'd rather win the Cup or get the 1st overall pick.

That wasn't the question. Nobody thinks we are winning the Cup. The question is if you'd rather win the Cup or get the 1st overall pick.

I chose 1st overall pick. I just don't see a huge celebration this year for whoever wins it, the break was too long. Teams are already planning for next season now. Plus, it would never be sustainable for our club. So, I am sticking with 1st overall pick that would impact this club much longer. As much as I would love to see this team win a cup, the makeup of our team is still pretty weak, so I want us to be good for more than just a month or so of a playoff in a weird season.

There's always one @CH1.

That's what I was wondering, who would go with the draft pick.

You know, you could possibly trade your first overall in 2 drafts in a row along with other picks, dump 2-3 of your best prospects, and load up for a cup run and then suck the year after and following. You like that strategy?

You know, you could possibly trade your first overall in 2 drafts in a row along with other picks, dump 2-3 of your best prospects, and load up for a cup run and then suck the year after and following. You like that strategy?

that has a .01 % chance of success

Back