• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Your New Official Cocktail

HeyKurtz

This didn't seem to fit into the training camp thread or the summer reset thread, so screw it--the board isn't too cluttered this time of year!--I started a new thread.

The new official cocktail of the Lenovo Center is the "Hurricane" from End of Days Distillery in Wilmington. The distillery signed a licensing deal for their cocktail featuring their "Port of Entry Rum, scratch-made passionfruit syrup, lemon juice, and carbonation" after a referral from some guy named Cam Ward.

Hope it's better than Storm Brew...

End Of Days.png

This didn't seem to fit into the training camp thread or the summer reset thread, so screw it--the board isn't too cluttered this time of year!--I started a new thread.

The new official cocktail of the Lenovo Center is the "Hurricane" from End of Days Distillery in Wilmington. The distillery signed a licensing deal for their cocktail featuring their "Port of Entry Rum, scratch-made passionfruit syrup, lemon juice, and carbonation" after a referral from some guy named Cam Ward.

Hope it's better than Storm Brew...

View attachment 22058
My Wilmington-based daughter has been there and says they make good stuff. She hates rum so hasn’t tasted this. But her fiancé likes it.

However, tread lightly, it’s 9.5% ABV, in a 250 ml/8.5 oz can. That’s nearly double the ABV of a can of High Noon vodka and soda.

Sounds ok, but I drink about 1 drink every 3 months. If that. And that one sounds like a headache waiting to happen.

I think Hurricanes are one of those location specific cocktails. Appropriate in one of those silly plastic to-go glasses while you drunkenly prowl around Bourbon Street, otherwise you're just trying too hard.

This new beverage has me picturing a handful of drunken Canes fans three or four deep into those "Hurricane Cocktails" drunkenly singing the Scorpions lyric 'rock me like a hurricane' while barely able to stand at the Lenovo Center...you all know the fans I'm talking about...some end up in your section!!!

.. it’s 9.5% ABV, in a 250 ml/8.5 oz can. That’s nearly double the ABV of a can of High Noon vodka and soda.
This new beverage has me picturing a handful of drunken Canes fans three or four deep into those "Hurricane Cocktails" drunkenly singing the Scorpions lyric 'rock me like a hurricane' while barely able to stand at the Lenovo Center...you all know the fans I'm talking about...some end up in your section!!!
Hopefully they price the dang things high enough to limit the exposure too much, because that was my first thought too

Back