• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Brind'Amour seems to love the 11-7 split as he visibly brightens up when asked about it and has even characterized it as being fun for the coaches.

Got to admit he managed to balance out the even-strength minutes fairly evenly in Tampa (except for Bishop and Fleury who managed only 7-ish): Boxscore Stats

However, having the horsepower to definitely roll four lines and experiment from that base would seem to be more prudent, especially against Boston which will be presumably doing that very thing.

Perhaps it's defenseman insurance they are covering with this strategy. Someone that might fail mid-game and need an immediate spare to cover.

Maybe because they know that we are taking so many penalties they want more guys to be able to deploy on the PK... terrible reason I know.

I really have liked Waddell the past couple of years, he really seems like a stand up, decent guy that actually is very honest and straight forward with where things stand with his team. He has a good read on both the fan base and the market and what he is building long term for the Canes sustained success.

I really have liked Waddell the past couple of years, he really seems like a stand up, decent guy that actually is very honest and straight forward with where things stand with his team. He has a good read on both the fan base and the market and what he is building long term for the Canes sustained success.
Waddell has been a pleasant surprise ... and proof that bad ownership can make a GM look worse than he actually is. He took the heat for a lot of BS that ownership was driving in Atlanta.

Necas skated today. RBA said after practice that he could be back sooner rather than later. Even if he is, I expect that Gibbons or another forward will stay up as they make their way to Alberta, BC, Manitoba and Colorado after Saturday’s game.

And how stupid is it that they go from Edmonton to Vancouver to Calgary to Winnipeg to Colorado? Even a back to back in Alberta would have been preferable. And then back East before flying west?

And how stupid is it that they go from Edmonton to Vancouver to Calgary to Winnipeg to Colorado? Even a back to back in Alberta would have been preferable. And then back East before flying west?

Well, welcome to a typical week in the Western Conference. And also, the NHL schedule monkey apparently got hooked on prescription Oxi so his work has declined. Even by his own low standards.

Well at least they don't crisscross the boarder and have to deal with customs checks. That's a plus.

Dundon and Waddell are going to be at the PC friday for the new rinks and talk to the press. I would think Waddell will be asked about Peters maybe Dundon too.

Makes as much sense as LA to San Jose to Anaheim earlier in the year.

Canes presser at 10:30 Friday morning to discuss the new practice site.

Pretty exciting stuff to see that new Morrisville facility land the Canes as a tenant, with a 5 year old getting ready to start youth hockey in the next year or so, I'm hoping that facility gets some serious usage for youth hockey in the area.

Pretty exciting stuff to see that new Morrisville facility land the Canes as a tenant, with a 5 year old getting ready to start youth hockey in the next year or so, I'm hoping that facility gets some serious usage for youth hockey in the area.

I’m sure it will, especially with the closing of RCI.

The announcement. The Canes will occupy 12,000 square feet for locker rooms, offices and workout facilities. They also have room for 1,700 spectators. In all the years I spent with my daughter’s teams, she never skated in a facility with that much spectator space aside from college rinks in Connecticut.

The announcement. The Canes will occupy 12,000 square feet for locker rooms, offices and workout facilities. They also have room for 1,700 spectators. In all the years I spent with my daughter’s teams, she never skated in a facility with that much spectator space aside from college rinks in Connecticut.

That is going to be a premier spot in the area for youth sports and tournaments, it looks first class and long overdue in this area!!! Great central location off 40 for visitors as well that are travelling into our area for weekend tournaments and events at the facility. Hard to believe the Canes have waited this long to have a practice facility that is up to NHL standards.

I know I can't wait to have our beer league move there.... My team has its origins as the original "House team" of RecZone/RCI so we've been there for it all.

way back in 1999 the Canes talked about building a separate practice rink at PNC but nothing ever came of that idea. I guess one problem would be the traffic there for non canes events such as BB, concerts, etc.

they practiced for a while at the IcePlex but it has olympic sized ice. They even practiced once at the Hillsborough rink.

way back in 1999 the Canes talked about building a separate practice rink at PNC but nothing ever came of that idea. I guess one problem would be the traffic there for non canes events such as BB, concerts, etc.

they practiced for a while at the IcePlex but it has olympic sized ice. They even practiced once at the Hillsborough rink.
State beat them to the punch by committing to their expanded outdoor practice fields and indoor facility over by Westchase Blvd. That took up the available non-parking space inside the arena/stadium footprint. Karmanos also had begun working on a deal with Steve Stroud (Carolantic Relaty and the arena Authority) to do something over where the Wade Park development eventually went in, but that was the beginning of the timeline when he started having money problems and was using all of his available credit just to fund basic operations.

Back