• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Miscellaneous NHL/Hockey News Thread

The Sens also could have been exposed in San Jose, where they played on Saturday, 3/7. One insidious feature of this virus is the long latency between exposure and onset of symptoms. ABC News reporter Kaylee Hartung was on GMA this morning. She had covered the initial outbreak near Seattle. She didn’t feel symptoms until 5 days after she returned home. For a professional athlete at the peak of fitness, it may take longer.

For what it's worth, I've been an ECU season ticket holder for many years. The last few years have not been kind. I go to pretty much every home Saturday game. Thursday night games are not worth the hassle. I pretty much ignore college football after that. I do chores, run errands, and/or take care of business on Saturdays so I can lay out and watch Red Zone for 7 or 8 hours. Honestly, it's my most favorite thing. Screw big time college football.

Because we are not very good, ECU plays at noon because it's the only way we can be on TV. It's hot! Really HOT! I've been told the only way around that is to win and be worthy of the 3:30 game or an evening game. Bottom line: Lose and you get a lot of noon games. You get paid the smallest pot of money, but you get paid.

It's not like any NHL player was going to show up for that tourney that is pretty meaningless in the US and Canada. It's sort of like the hockey NIT

There has been over a dozen college draftees signed in the past 10 days (none of the Canes'). Wondering what our plan is.

NBCSN is has 8 hours of hockey today. They’ll have games on all week. Shockingly, the Canes aren’t on at all.

Hockey Week in America starts TODAY on @NBCSN!

Game. 7. OT. Thrillers.

3 p ET - Capitals v. NY Rangers (2015 2nd Rd)
5 p ET - LA Kings v. Blackhawks (2014 WCF)
7 p ET - Maple Leafs v. NHBruins (2013 EC QF)
9 p ET - Golden Knights v. San Jose Sharks (2019 1st Rd)

April 30th is optimistic. With NC schools shut until May 15 (for now) not sure how they can play if local schools are shut beyond May 15. Unless they play with no fans.

April 30 isn't happening ... MAYBE they can re-open camps by then, but they're going to need to re-visit that goal date every two weeks or so to avoid looking really, really foolish.

Following yesterday’s BOG call, there is a GM call today. Dreger says playoff scenarios, the draft and pending free agent contracts are on the agenda. Keep in mind that player contracts end on June 30, so any games that go beyond that date have to be worked out with the NHLPA.

The 102 year consecutive run of the Memorial Cup being the grand daddy of the CHL Junior hockey title in Canada is over thanks to COVID-19.

The 102 year consecutive run of the Memorial Cup being the grand daddy of the CHL Junior hockey title in Canada is over thanks to COVID-19.
Yeah ... it started right as the Spanish Flu pandemic was waning and now it's derailed by a new pandemic. Sad.

Back