• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

I really hate the expanded format. It's what will add to the asterisk talk, moreso than if the bottom teams were eliminated now. Imagine the stain on the season if one of the teams not even in a playoff spot goes on a run and takes out a couple of the established teams, or even wins the Cup. Literally anything can happen after a layoff like this, and if something like that unfolds, the season will go down as a massive joke.

Eh, all those teams still had a shot at the playoffs.

This whole format benefits the young Leafs team IMO. No pressure playing at home nor having to worry about a ruckus visitor’s building. Also trust our guys the most health wise after a long lay off

Habs will beat Pittsburgh. After that I don’t know.

Also, Domi might not participate due to being immunocompromised.

This whole format benefits the young Leafs team IMO. No pressure playing at home nor having to worry about a ruckus visitor’s building. Also trust our guys the most health wise after a long lay off

My comments had nothing to do with the Leafs really, except that that asterisk might actually come in the year we win it all. I do think we're one of the teams getting an advantage.

I think it might benefit Rielly most of all. His injury killed the Keefe surge. A healthy Dcorps under Keefe was pretty damn dominant.

Of course, the major question in all of this is which goalies come in hot right off the bat.

Nobody will care about the asterix or ampersand attached to this year’s Cup. You still have to win 16 (or 19) games over a gruelling 2 month stretch. That’s as long as an entire NFL season.

Nobody will care about the asterix or ampersand attached to this year’s Cup. You still have to win 16 (or 19) games over a gruelling 2 month stretch

Agreed, unless it's the leafs.

Then it will all be about how these playoffs didn't have true playoffs intensity and pressure.

I think it might benefit Rielly most of all. His injury killed the Keefe surge. A healthy Dcorps under Keefe was pretty damn dominant.

A fully healthy Rielly would be massive. We basically didn't have that right from the start of the season this year.

Of course, the major question in all of this is which goalies come in hot right off the bat.

The fact that Freddie is at his absolute worst both in the playoffs, and when he's been off for a few months (hello October Freddie) is without a doubt the biggest concern for the Leafs. This is the worst of both worlds for him.

Some mitigation for that is that hopefully Keefe would be more willing to consider turning to Campbell if Freddie's a disaster.

I really hate the expanded format. It's what will add to the asterisk talk, moreso than if the bottom teams were eliminated now. Imagine the stain on the season if one of the teams not even in a playoff spot goes on a run and takes out a couple of the established teams, or even wins the Cup. Literally anything can happen after a layoff like this, and if something like that unfolds, the season will go down as a massive joke.

the only way an * happens is if one team is forced to quit in the finals because all the players have covid

Back