• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

What bullshit? Your claim was totally confused.

The bullshit is the claim of collusion ... as shown repeatedly in the Mueller report.

Yeah, I figured.

We've covered this ground before. That's not what the report says. Even if it was though, this is a spin move in the lane away from my earlier statement. I wasn't specifically addressing conspiracy between Trump and Russia, but instead Russia's place as a dangerous, aggressive adversary of western democracy.

Point is you're a bit of a hypocrit by reversing your view on this (by all the propoganda from the establishment) when you've defended Obama on I everything. I'm sure if we scrolled back you would have totally supported this position.

I certainly thought Russia was well on their way to pursuing democracy and the rule of law.

I was wrong.

For all of Russia’s actions and attempts, and they are numerous, I still feel China is the bigger long term threat.

there was a great recent Frontline on AI.

sure made a convincing case that the future is data, and that the long war is pretty much exclusively between china and the USA here.

For all of Russia’s actions and attempts, and they are numerous, I still feel China is the bigger long term threat.

Yeah, but largely due to capacity, not intent. Russia is an economic basket case both now, and likely in the future. China on their way to being an absolute monster.

Without a doubt. India is also a massive strategic player, but unclear when and how.

That said, the Russian gangster state is a serial bad actor, it has an appalling (recent) history of inhumane violence and has clearly crossed a number of red lines. The best thing that could happen is a regime change via internal impetus. Failing that, the US clearly has an interest, and justification frankly, in badly diminishing their klepto-mafia ruling class.

Last edited:
Without a doubt. India is also a massive strategic player, but unclear when and how.

That said, the Russian gangster state is a serial bad actor, it has an appalling (recent) history of inhumane violence and has clearly crossed a number of red lines. The best thing that could happen is a regime change via internal impetus. Failing that, the US clearly has an interest, and justification frankly, in badly diminishing their klepto-mafia ruling class.

China is not exactly known for humanitarian efforts. They are serial bad actors of inhumane treatment as well. They just go to great lengths to hide it.

I find them both abhorrent.

Absolutely.

Given the difference in real power, the US has to approach them differently. But that doesn’t absolve the kleptocracy or Dotard one bit.

Absolutely.

Given the difference in real power, the US has to approach them differently. But that doesn’t absolve the kleptocracy or Dotard one bit.

I’m over Trump. Of all people my son said something to me that resonated for some reason...

Imagine if an advanced alien race came down and said they wanted to speak to one leader to represent our planet and whether or not it would be wiped out. Would anyone, absolutely anyone want Trump to be that guy? To speak for our species?

I would think even his most ardent supporters would say no.

EKZiKsEWwAAPFb6

I’m over Trump. Of all people my son said something to me that resonated for some reason...

Imagine if an advanced alien race came down and said they wanted to speak to one leader to represent our planet and whether or not it would be wiped out. Would anyone, absolutely anyone want Trump to be that guy? To speak for our species?

I would think even his most ardent supporters would say no.

He needs to be humiliated/destroyed to discourage any further hijacking by prospective authoritarian plutocrats.

Moreover, the rager evangelical base needs to be fully exposed and debased. Their infamy should be cemented and reviled by future generations.

It's going to be absolutely tremendous seeing FOX and the GOP do a complete 180 on this FISA report they've been hyping for a year now, and especially turning on Billy Barr who's in charge of it:

My face when even Trump's hand picked justice department that has shown incredible willingness to conjure up whatever Shitler desires, can't make that farce into reality:

giphy.gif

And here I was hoping he wanted to get in the ring... I was hoping the current heavyweight champion would take him up on it. also that they do an official weigh in... :p
It would be like Clubber Lang vs Rocky [first fight] if the guy from Kenya got in the ring with him.

Back