• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

Think I'll look into it. I don't play video games unless it's with my kid who happens to utterly destroy me at everything ps4. It's fun spending the time though.

I just finished The Last of Us 2 and what a fucking FANTASTIC game. Not as good as the first one, and there are some storyline flaws & SJW politics that annoyed me, but the game itself? Fantastic.

what?

it is hard to review Last of Us 2 without spoilers

i would say it is very good but not great

Again, I am going to be that guy..... but I played the first Last of US upon release and completed it, but did not find it special at all. I was bored immensely. Same with God of War. I LOVE that franchise but the PS4 version that was getting all that praise was also underwhelming.

Again, I am going to be that guy..... but I played the first Last of US upon release and completed it, but did not find it special at all. I was bored immensely. Same with God of War. I LOVE that franchise but the PS4 version that was getting all that praise was also underwhelming.

I felt a little let down with the latest GOW .. was expecting some bigger and better boss fights... but overall enjoyed the game.

What do you mean, what?

(Spoilers below, for those who feel they want to read at their own risk)

Did you not notice how they turned Joel into a eunuch during the whole game in the name of female empowerment? Or how one of the first pieces of dialogue is, "I don't eat bigot sandwhiches."? Or how they included Ellie's girlfriend, who ends up just being there uselessly like a character from a bad season of Degrassi? Or how the tran kid's story is basically something that was poorly conjured to mirror the image of the perceived notion of ostracism? Or how they included a bunch of characters with different orientations for no other reason than show how inclusive and caring they are? I'm sure I'm missing a few other things, but my point is, these elements brought little to nothing in terms of the game. It screamed SJW politics, look at how woke we are, look at how inclusive we are and how we love POC.

One of the many great things while playing the first game was that at no point did I ever get the feeling in any way that I was being fed a political agenda all the while I was playing.

i guess because i am woke none of that stuff measured outside of the bigot at the dance

and dina is an awesome character

If you pay for PS Plus, they've had some great free titles over the last 3 months:

This month was COD WWII and Star Wars Battlefront II.

Yeah we have that and have played battlefront and battlefront II but I'm really bad at those. Too many darn buttons.

That's because zombie games are piss boring.... but anyway...

while both TLOU games are good for what they are, in terms of voice acting etc, I just don't see the appeal or why it's 10/10.

it's more like a movie where you occasionally get to walk your character around in a building or something or mash a couple buttons on an enemy, then it's back to more cutscenes.

I dunno, not my thing either I guess.

i never played horizon zero damn at the start - just picked it on a few months ago

if you want a game with a great story and great game play that is it

highly recommend if you have not played it yet

Last of Us is similar in pacing to Red Dead 2.

anyone play Disco Elysium? No fancy graphics but good storytelling.

Back