• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

The last game scheduled for tonight (New Orleans vs. Sacramento) has also been postponed. NHL will make an announcement tomorrow regarding how they plan to proceed.

"The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight's schedule of games until further notice,'' the league said in a statement issued shortly after 9:30 p.m. ET. "The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.''

The player is the Jazz's Rudy Gobert, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. That led to Utah's game at Oklahoma City being postponed just before tipoff.

A source told ESPN's Royce Young that Gobert was never at Chesapeake Energy Arena on Wednesday, but he was in Oklahoma City and was set to play if he'd tested negative for coronavirus.

Players from teams the Jazz have played within last 10 days are being told to self quarantine, sources tell ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Those teams are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and the Toronto Raptors.

In his first public comments since testing positive for COVID-19, Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert apologized on Instagram for his "careless" actions that exposed others to the disease, saying he hopes that his "story serves as a warning and causes everyone to take this seriously."

Rudy on Instagram:

rudygobert27
Verified

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of concern and support over the last 24 hours. I have gone through so many emotions since learning of my diagnosis…mostly fear, anxiety, and embarrassment.
The first and most important thing is I would like to publicly apologize to the people that I may have endangered. At the time, I had no idea I was even infected. I was careless and make no excuse. I hope my story serves as a warning and causes everyone to take this seriously. I will do whatever I can to support using my experience as way to educate others and prevent the spread of this virus .
I am under great care and will fully recover. Thank you again for all your support. I encourage everyone to take all of the steps to stay safe and healthy. Love.

Having discussed at length with NBA owners whether to take a hiatus due to coronavirus safety concerns, commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday he opted to suspend the season shortly after canceling the Utah Jazz-Oklahoma City Thunder game on Wednesday night following Rudy Gobert's positive test for COVID-19.

NBA owners have been encouraging Silver to reevaluate the league's suspension of play in 30 days, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Silver, in an interview on TNT, confirmed that the NBA will take that 30-day hiatus and use the time to further discuss whether the league can resume play and how it can do so.

"Of course the issue becomes now, what we determined today, is that this hiatus will be most likely at least 30 days," Silver said. "And we don't know enough to be more specific than that. But we wanted to give direction to our players and teams and fans that this is going to be roughly at least a month.

That move by Gobert was the stupidest thing I have seen in eons. That guy should be suspended not the NBA for petes sake.

The juxtaposition the other night could not have been more stark. Imposter vs Leadership

Trump: “Don’t worry, America is the greatest, we got this, we’re stopping the virus with travel restrictions”

The NBA: “This is massive. We’re shutting everything down until we get a handle on it”

Back