• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021-22: A Season of "Achievements"

I still chuckle that we were Western Champions. They should hang that banner in the lobby just for laughs.
They should wait for the Leafs to visit on a Saturday night and have a ceremony. I mean, how many years were the Leafs in the Campbell Conference and they never won it even once? Shit, even the Canucks won it 3 times.

The habs have more Western conference titles than the Leafs? 🤣
From the 81-82 season until the 97-98 season inclusive, the Leafs played in the Campbell (later "Western") Conference, first in the Norris Division (which at the time was considered to be the weakest division in the league) and later the Central Division. Despite the mediocrity of their division rivals, the Leafs, between 81-82 and 92-93, never finished higher than 3rd and only finished 2nd once, in 93-94. And since they've not been to the finals since they last won the Cup in 1967, the final year of the Original Six, the Leafs have never won a conference championship. They've played in some, vying for both the Prince of Wales Trophy as well as the Campbell Bowl, but they've always lost. So the Habs' lone Campbell Bowl (the first and only one they were ever eligible to compete for) is one more than the Leafs have managed.

Back