• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Playoffs Thread | Semifinal Round 3 | Habs/Knights

I was thinking the opposite - what about Bob as Prez? Shielding MB...

No media type in Mtl dares to take on Bob...

It's enough they got kicked out of the team plane....what's next ? Bob doesn't allow them into the locker room postgame (after Covid)

If Bob gets hired, he ain't becoming President....i doubt he wants all the responsibilities....he might become consigliere to the Prez, which he technically already is, and has always been to the Molson family

Besides, Geoff seems to already be very involved in decision making (he always mentions it during the end of year pressers).

I don't think Bob is interested in anything more than a sweet consulting gig.

We know. Hence our D makeup.

Bergevin was loved in the dressing room for the same reason he is loved at the GM meetings: he's the class clown who makes everyone laugh, like one of those hangers-on you see in mob movies who the wise guys keep around because he entertains them like an organ grinder's monkey.

I will not put up with someone shoving me. That guy is getting cracked if he tries.

Krusty will have to bail me out.

I hope the league isn't gonna screw us because they are salivating at the idea of a Vegas-NYC finals (yes Islanders are kinda NYC)

We need to take the outcome out of the refs' hands, by thoroughly beating them, like we did with Leafs-Jets......don't leave the outcome to refs calling a penalty here or there.

Thoroughly beating them means playing our system, the rest shoudl take care of itself....we can take them
Exactly. No point bitching about stuff like the fact that the Habs have to cross 3 time zones while the Bolts and Isles don't. They are where they are because of their record. When you're the lowest seeded team in the playoffs you don't get to cry about not having home ice or brutal travel or anything else. You should just be happy you're playing at all.

And there's no point complaining about officiating because it's universally inconsistent and bad and you know it will be going in. The only way to mitigate the threat of a ref's call screwing you is to make sure that you're so far ahead that no amount of meddling by the officials will help your opponents.

I will not put up with someone shoving me. That guy is getting cracked if he tries.

Krusty will have to bail me out.

Looks to me like far too many people in Vegas have been hitting the buffet tables HARD.

They do also have salad bars, guys. Just sayin'.

Got my tix lined up for both games. Heading to Vegas Sunday. BTW, the hotels are practically paying you to stay there. If you're on the cheap you can stay at the Hilton for $25.
Weekday rates are usually low, but not THAT low. I stayed at the Tropicana once back in 1992 for the low, low price of $35. The only properties I ever saw as cheap as $25 were dumps on Fremont Street that I wouldn't send my worst enemy to.

Exactly. No point bitching about stuff like the fact that the Habs have to cross 3 time zones while the Bolts and Isles don't. They are where they are because of their record. When you're the lowest seeded team in the playoffs you don't get to cry about not having home ice or brutal travel or anything else. You should just be happy you're playing at all.

And there's no point complaining about officiating because it's universally inconsistent and bad and you know it will be going in. The only way to mitigate the threat of a ref's call screwing you is to make sure that you're so far ahead that no amount of meddling by the officials will help your opponents.
They could have finished first and they'd still be there. Read something.

Habs didn't have a Matthews or a Marner or a Scheifele (thanks moron) either. They'll key on Stone, Pacioretty and Pietrangelo.
Per the Leafs fan narrative, the Habs will need to "take out" Pietrangelo and Stone like they did to Tavares.

Keep drilling 7 and 61 and make 67 have to do it by himself. We all know how that will turn out.

They could have finished first and they'd still be there. Read something.
Yeah, because they played in a garbage division, ergo their first place finish (as I was at pains to remind Leafs fan all season long) was meaningless and should count for nothing.

Per the Leafs fan narrative, the Habs will need to "take out" Pietrangelo and Stone like they did to Tavares.

Keep drilling 7 and 61 and make 67 have to do it by himself. We all know how that will turn out.
You tend to read what you search for, I don't bother with that type of tripe.

It's enough they got kicked out of the team plane....what's next ? Bob doesn't allow them into the locker room postgame (after Covid)
Didn’t you hear how Dougie Hamilton ended his PC the other day?

“I’m glad I didn’t have to deal with any of you (media) in the locker room or need to be interviewed at any time this season”

Back