• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

The content director for Elite Prospects tweeted that he’s hearing Vegas, Nashville and Carolina will be the main competitors with Detroit and New Jersey also interested.
I’m sure if you look hard enough you can find a report of every team pursuing Stamkos, even the Coyotes and the rumored new Atlanta franchise.

Ridiculous contract for Kane.
So long as it's one year, there's no lasting damage. I saw one of those salary/impact guys say Kane was worth about $2.5 million in impact last season, so it's a clear over-pay. They must have been convinced that somebody else was willing to go that high, but I think Stevie Y may have been hoodwinked.

74 signings already worth $819 million in contractual dollars in 90 minutes of free agency...
Some REALLY stupid contracts too. Honestly, I know it grates everybody's nerves when I say this but I'm fine with the Canes picking around the edges today and then working the trade market once half the league has free agented their way into cap problems.

The NHL and New Era Cap announced a multi-year agreement that grants New Era rights to produce and distribute globally headwear and apparel for the League and all 32 teams.

I didn't see the word exclusive in that report, so hopefully 47 Brand will keep making team branded products. I hate New Era hats. They never feel right.

CapFriendly has breathed its last. The website has a thank you message now.
I am amused that the Puckpedia shows the Caps as the team with the highest cap overage. Is Puckpedia the go-to now or are there other alternatives?

I am amused that the Puckpedia shows the Caps as the team with the highest cap overage. Is Puckpedia the go-to now or are there other alternatives?
If there are others, they’re not advertising themselves.

PuckPedia has done a good job in short order improving their UI but there is still a lot of dreck to navigate through to get to the team roster. On my phone just now, there are tweets about Utah and a list of recent transactions and injuries before getting to the roster. But once there, it looks very much like CapFriendly. They also show the reserve list but, unlike CapFriendly, they don’t have the rights expiration date. One advantage is that from the team page, there is a dropdown to navigate to the other team pages without having to go back to the home screen.

Yeah ... I'm hoping that some competition will either spur Puck Pedia on to improve into something that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out or supplant them. That site makes my face hurt.

Ryan Suter signed with the Blues. He gets the NHL minimum of $775k and performance bonuses that can add another $2.25 million. He’ll be paid by 37.5% of the Central Division next season, with buyouts from the Stars and Wild still filling his bank account.

Back