• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

79 (ANA) - Tarin Smith
80 (DET) - Ondrej Becher
81 (STL) - Ondrej Kos
82 (SJS) - Carson Wetsch

83 (VGK) - Pavel Moysevich
84 (CGY) - Kirill Zarubin
85 (NJD) - Kasper Pikkarainen
86 (CBJ) - Luca Marrelli

Pronman on nepobaby

Aatos Koivu, the son of former NHLer Saku Koivu, saw his stock rise all season as did his responsibility with Finland's U18 team. He was cut from the Hlinka Gretzky team in the summer and by the spring he was one of their most important forwards. Koivu is a strong skater with a stride that will be able to move at an NHL pace. He has good hands, and uses his skill to attack at the net. He's not overly physical, but like his father, he's a strong competitor who plays in traffic. Koivu has an excellent shot. When he winds up his one-timer he can beat goalies from distance. His playmaking is fine, he can make the odd seam pass but I don't see a ton of natural instincts with the puck

87 (NSH) - Miguel Marques
88 (SEA) - Kim Saarinen
89 (UTA) - Tomas Lavoie
90 (WSH) - Eriks Mateiko

Pronman on sawyer

Sawyer was a top player in the AJHL prior to Brooks joining the BCHL. He also helped lead Canada West to winning the World Jr. A Challenge. He has above-average puck skills and vision and makes a lot of tough plays. He has a good shot and can finish chances from midrange. Scouts often expressed concerns about his skating. He's a bit knock-kneed, but when I've watched I saw a player often pulling away from pressure and showing decent speed in transition to create chances. He has the tools and scoring touch to potentially be a bottom-six wing although his off-the-puck game isn't ideal for that type of role.

Only two of the players I wanted in the third round are still available for our pick at 102.

Hiroki Gojsic
Austin Burnevik

After that, I don't know.

91 (NJD) - Herman Traff
92 (CHI) - Jack Pridham
93 (VAN) - Melvin Fernstrom
94 (NSH) - Hiroki Gojsic :(

Back