• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2026-2027 Pittsburgh Penguins Regular Season Thread

Ed H in Pasadena

Well-known member
Where once again, I share my occasional thoughts on this year's team, after last season's surprising playoff appearance. And where (hopefully) occasionally others may come and comment. To be clear, all are welcome.
 
Same site makes its season's "Five Fearless Predictions"


Robertson with 25 goals? Chinakov to lead the team in scoring? I sure hope so.

Karlsson traded? I'm more sure of that one, particularly if he plays as well as he did last season (and not the two seasons prior to that).
 
Beating the Flyers 5-0 in the third is a good start. Two goals from guys we traded for (Robertson and LaPiere) and two goals from top prospects (Koivunen and Hallander) makes it better. Only thing better would be to hold on to the shut out. Or a Sid goal. Or both.
 
What a second for the Pens: four goals and several top notch stops by Artur Silovs. Only disappointment was the late period goal by Nick Suzuki. But I'll take 5-2 headed to the third
 
And then that third: early Montreal goal for 5-3, Pens lose a goal due to offsides, survive an empty net power play only to give up two quick goals in 24 seconds near the end of regulation. 5-5 and it goes to OT
🤦
 
Last edited:
Back
Top