• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Arena Focus Group

We were talking about the restaurant on the 200 level before and I got the impression last night that they might be considering an idea to convert that to a club access amenity like they have at the Honda Center in Anaheim. It's called the Impact Club and offers a bar, restaurant and dedicated bathrooms that are accessible for anyone paying for club membership regardless of seat location. Seems ideal use for that money pit of a restaurant, since the infrastructure is already in place. They would just need to renovate and figure out access flow.

FWIW, the Ducks have a couple of private/club eateries like that in Honda Center. And the same firm consulted on their renovations
On days when we abandoned tailgating for weather issues, we’d make a reservation at the Arena Club, maybe 2 or 3 times a season. It used to be reasonably priced, but no more. It’s $50 per person and the desserts are a la carte at $8 each. Dessert used to be included.

It’s cheaper for a NC State game, $38 for tonight and dessert is included. But there are fewer options on tonight’s menu than tomorrow’s.

On days when we abandoned tailgating for weather issues, we’d make a reservation at the Arena Club, maybe 2 or 3 times a season It used to be reasonably priced, but no more. It’s $50 per person and the desserts are a la carte at $8 each. Dessert used to be included.

It’s cheaper for a NC State game, $38 for tonight and dessert is included. But there are fewer options on tonight’s menu than tomorrow’s.
Yeah ... it's been in a holding pattern pretty much since Dundon's first year. Whatever happens with the renovations, you can absolutely count on that area being dramatically re-imagined or re-purposed. I really think they like that a la carte club feature a lot. They did that trick where they sort of eased it into the slide deck with some other stuff and then revisited it later on. That's usually a flag for a feature you're trying to prop up.

After kvetching about the Arena Club, we went on Saturday. It was a pretty nice spread, prime rib, roast pork with mango chutney, steak diane, chicken cordon bleu, shrimp fra diavolo over spaghetti. The prime rib and steak diane were cooked perfectly. Still expensive, the desserts weren’t included, but there were 2 cannolis in a serving and we split it.

After kvetching about the Arena Club, we went on Saturday. It was a pretty nice spread, prime rib, roast pork with mango chutney, steak diane, chicken cordon bleu, shrimp fra diavolo over spaghetti. The prime rib and steak diane were cooked perfectly. Still expensive, the desserts weren’t included, but there were 2 cannolis in a serving and we split it.
A guy sitting near me told me that they farmed out catering to the Angus Barn a couple of years ago. I had no idea ... and have no idea if he actually knows what he's talking about.

Back