• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Also, until I posted above, I didn't even fully appreciate the stupidity of the Muzz LTIR lost opportunity.

I was always upset they didn't use the potential space for adding another forward a la Meier at the time, but he could've even just used it to keep guys we had like Engvall and Sandin. Sure, the Sandin trade has worked out so far, but we could've used those two guys in the playoffs and didn't have a salary cap issue.

think you mean two years ago? Muzz was dead last year
Last year was when he officially died, wasn't it? It was his money that we were all lamenting wasn't being LTIRed and used, but Dubie played it like there was a possibility he was coming back, no? I don't think I'm mixing up the year before...

Depends on the cost. Guhle looked like a future top pairing shut down type guy last I looked. Maybe not a true #1, but a prime Muzzin or Brodie type guy definitely. Don't know if I would trade a guy who looks like he could be a valuable piece on a winning team for an almost 23 yr old who might not be a centre and might not ever play anything resembling 2 way hockey. Zegras looks like a Kessel/Nylander type guy, but both of those guys were a solid step better at 21-22 yrs old than Zegras is.

Now you've got me hazy on what the situation was last year.

I remember at the deadline last year that we were leaving money on the table by not LTIRing someone and playing the game Vegas plays. Was that not Muzz? Was that actually two years ago? I can't remember the when of it anymore, just that it happened.

Now you've got me hazy on what the situation was last year.

I remember at the deadline last year that we were leaving money on the table by not LTIRing someone and playing the game Vegas plays. Was that not Muzz? Was that actually two years ago? I can't remember the when of it anymore, just that it happened.
I mean that definitely happened two years ago. With either (or both) of Muzz and Fred.

That looked like legit annoyance from Foligno.

But really, Bedard could teach him a thing or two thousand about hockey, so he should listen.

How would you feel if Nick Foligno was your first line winger, babysitter and team spokesman trying to offer you hockey advice?

And he is slow

Back