• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

this may be the litigator in me talking, but they should sue. The Caps, NHL, and Wilson. and try to press charges. this was a straight up act of unprovoked violence. any other setting we'd be talking about a vicious assault.

literally grabbed him by the hair and then tried to drive his skull into the ice. and the guy with what, the second worst track record in the league, is the one who does it. what more does it take?

and of course, Panarin was assessed a roughing minor!

I mean how can anyone reach any other conclusion than the NHL is actively supporting goonery and thuggery? The type of shit Tom Wilson does is what they want to see. Disgusting.

It'll be interesting to see if the NHL responds in anyway because the Rangers are getting a lot of support for this statement even from rival fans.

Seriously, this had everything you needed for a 20-30-40 game suspension.

This is completely mind boggling. This would have been like giving Bertuzzi a fine. You can't punish based on outcome, you have to punish based on process. Do something dirty, suffer the punishments. Waiting for a guy to leave the ice on a board with a spine support before you punish appropriately is how that shit happens in the first place.

Rangers will be fined 25K

Because making the NHL look bad (no, not that way, this way) is 5x worse than making the NHL look bad the way Tom Wilson did. Or fucking something.

This is literally the last thing I'd expect but it'd be pretty fantastic if another high profile organization came to the plate and issued a statement of support for the Rangers here. Like maybe even one with a lot of skill players and the former DoPS guy as their Prez.

This is literally the last thing I'd expect but it'd be pretty fantastic if another high profile organization came to the plate and issued a statement of support for the Rangers here. Like maybe even one with a lot of skill players and the former DoPS guy as their Prez.
Yup

2013: Brayden Schenn (no suspension)
2015: Visnovsky (no punishment, Visnovsky out of the series)
2015: Curtis Lazar (match penalty rescinded)
2015: Brian Campbell (match penalty rescinded)
2016: Conor Sheary (fine)
Sept 2017: Robert Thomas (two preseason games)
Oct 2017 Sammy Blais (four regular season games)
2018 Playoffs: Alexander Wennberg (no hearing, Wennberg out of the game)
2018 Playoffs: Brian Dumoulin (no suspension, "contact to the head unavoidable")
2018 Playoffs: Zach Aston-Reese (three playoff games)
2018 Playoffs: Jonathan Marchessault (no suspension)
2018-2019 Preseason: Oskar Sundqvist (20 game suspension, appealed to 14 games)
March 2021: Brandon Carlo (7 regular season games)
May 2021: Buchnevich ($5,000 fine)

NHL:

susan_collins_disappointed.jpg

It's amazing to me that the NHL thinks this Tom Wilson "physical brand" attracts fans. To be frank, it makes me want to abandon the sport and i suspect it's a major deterrent in acquiring new fans to the sport.

Imagine trying to explain to someone just getting into hockey why what Tom Wilson did, was not that bad?

Yeah, I'd really love to see the Leafs as an organization step up to the plate on this one.

Though the pessimist in me says every other organization will stay quiet.

Back