• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

It'll depend on what salary we send back. There's a good chance we could beat the trade in terms of "value", but if we can't fit him under the cap because Columbus doesn't want one of the contracts we're willing to give up (Drouin/Danault), then it doesn't mean much.
Habs have to send ~$3.5m back to make it work.

I think we have our new candidate for worst contract in the NHL. Not just currently, I'm talking of all time.

Jeff Skinner, with 6 more years at $9M after this season, started on the fourth line early this season and played 9 minutes tonight.

Oofff.

When you sign a player whose contract is an albatross 5 minutes after the ink dries , it’s a shit contract .

There was no way Buffalo was ever going to get value on this deal , as bad as Okposo

Blue Jackets on the verge of dealing disgruntled center Pierre-Luc Dubois

A restricted free agent, Roslovic hasn’t signed a contract for this season, so he has remained in Columbus and has skated with the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets junior program, with which he developed

As for the other potential trade partners, it’s unknown which players would be involved in trades with the Canadiens or Ducks, but top prospects such as forward Cole Caufield (Montreal) and forward Trevor Zegras (Anaheim) would be high on the Jackets’ wish list

I did not want to trade CC but the Jets will be tough down the middle with Scheiffle and PLD. As long as KK progresses we’ll be fine there too.

I did not want to trade CC but the Jets will be tough down the middle with Scheiffle and PLD. As long as KK progresses we’ll be fine there too.
Also have Stastny as 3rd C, but their W just got a lot weaker, and teams can now zero in on Connor.

I suspect Roslovic will develop in his hometown

Back