• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Matt Duchene (NSH) and Erik Johnson (COL) appear to be two names who will be left unprotected for the expansion draft.

I get it but figure it out in a better way

TB , Lou would of found a way out of this
It's a low-key brilliant move, if you think about it from this perspective:

What if Minny's trying to save money these next few seasons?

They're going to have $2M caphit for both next season, which is doable. The three after that will combine for $13M & $14M more or less. The actual money being paid to them: A combined $1.666M. Next season they'd combine for $12M, but they'll be getting $1.666M.

It's legitimately the type of thing Arizona would do with trading for Datsyuk to artificially boost their floor with a higher caphit.

Sal likes to bring up that a lot of franchises are bleeding money due to the pandemic, well... This would be the most clear example of a team trying to save money with a "penalty".

Last edited:
Suter is going to TB to help win more cups

Uncle Lou gets Parise at 1 mil
Good for TB if they go there, although I have my doubts. Suter's a LHD, not sure if he can play RHD or not. They have Hedman/McDonagh/Sergachev on the left already.

It's a low-key brilliant move, if you think about it from this perspective:

What if Minny's trying to save money these next few seasons?

They're going to have $2M caphit for both next season, which is doable. The three after that will combine for $13M & $14M more or less. The actual money being paid to them: A combined $1.666M.

It's legitimately the type of thing Arizona would do with trading for Datsyuk to artifically boost their floor with a higher caphit.

Sal likes to bring up that a lot of franchises are bleeding money due to the pandemic, well... This would be the most clear example of a team trying to save money with a "penalty".

It's also a good built-in excuse for tanking and refilling your prospect bank.

It's also a good built-in excuse for tanking and refilling your prospect bank.
Sure, in a way, but I think it has much more to do with money than that.

The public excuse will be bullshit as usual, because that's how people in this league keep their jobs. The people who actually follow hockey can see through mirages that are as obvious as this.

Ah, yes, it's Torts's fault. I guess it was Torts coaching him in Winnipeg, where it wasn't extremely regimented.
Neither Laine not PLD distinguished themselves after being traded.

That said I'd gladly take either one on the Habs right now.

Back