• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Also, if you remember from 2010 when Stamkos had 21 goals in 22 games before he eventually petered off.

Steven Stamkos will be one of those guys that I'll always wonder what his point totals could have become if there weren't the injuries. He was neck-to-neck with Ovechkin in terms of goal scoring, but alas...

You could say the same about Crosby, but I still think there's a very good chance Crosby can get to 1,500 points. Short of injuries or him deciding that he's done, I think he's a shoe-in to get there.

Tinordi claimed on waivers. Actually a step up for him. Galchenyuk traded a half dozen times, sent to minors. Sigh......our first round legacy. Once great hopes. Scherbek, Beaulieu (actually in the league), Leblanc, McCarron and the rest....the majority never even reached mediocre status. And that's just the last 10 years.

The Leblanc pick was the worst because of circumstances. The guy I wanted instead has had a good career and wouldn’t have been on the Rangers to take out Price in the ECF.
For me it's Giroux. Local guy, we wanted him, we had him in a tie with Fischer, we let the scout from Minny screamed louder than the one from Quebec, one became a bust and the other a superstar. Even the Flyers were so surprised we passed on him that Clarke didn't even knew his name.

For me it's Giroux. Local guy, we wanted him, we had him in a tie with Fischer, we let the scout from Minny screamed louder than the one from Quebec, one became a bust and the other a superstar. Even the Flyers were so surprised we passed on him that Clarke didn't even knew his name.

Not true at all.

The Flyers wanted Bobby Sanguinetti, he was their guy. The Rangers picked him right before them at 21, and the Flyers were pissed. So they "settled" on the Gatineau guy, the guy Clarke that didn't care at all for & wasn't worth remembering his name for.

I'm sometimes hesitant to heap on praise to certain people when they lucked out more than anything else.

Last edited:
Back