• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

View: https://x.com/leafslatest/status/1839732613097107848?s=46

It’s funny because the first thing that stands out to me is his skating and his puck skills.

when that puck went up in the air in front of our net and eveyrone was whacking at it i thought it was for sure going in our net, because that's what always happens on those plays. But for once our guy was the guy to see the puck first and with the hand eye to knock it out of danger.

our guy was tanev.

Intruiging player. Played Canadian U. hockey with Ottawa.

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the hockey club has signed defenceman Nicolas Mattinen to a one-year, two-way contract beginning in 2024-25. The NHL value of the contract is worth $775,000.

Mattinen, 26, skated in 52 games with the Straubing Tigers (DEL) this season. The 6’5, 215-pound defenceman lead the league in points by a defenceman with 46 (16 goals, 30 assists) and was named the DEL Player of the Year.

The Ottawa, ON native was originally drafted by Toronto in the sixth round (179th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft.

Leafs Rosters in the Core 4 Era.

Which one of these rosters has:

a) the best forward depth?
b) the best d-corps?
c) the best goalies?

These players are generally listed in order of EV TOI, and i've added in age and average of p1/60 and p/60 for context.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 155919.png

Back