• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Leafs Top Prospect Project - #7 Discussion thread

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
So....it looks like Dermott has #6 wrapped up, so we're on to the discussion for #7.

As much as Timashov impressed me in my first look at him, it's really hard to not give Connor Brown the nod here personally, though I think Timashov's D+0 production being so much higher than Browns D+0 & D+1 production definitely suggests that Timashov has a significantly higher upside.

Like previous debates I like Timashov for his ceiling over Brown. What would be a good comp for Brown in terms of upside?

there really isn't anybody. his pre draft production isn't great, his production in his first season after the draft doesn't suggest particularly high upside. what he did in his final ohl season and a rookie in the ahl was obviously very impressive so to his credit he keeps bucking trends.

his skating really is just so bad, though. i know people have denied this, but he can't turn. maybe he can be a rare breed of player who lacks all of the physical characteristics you look for in a professional hockey player (size, strength or elite high end skill, or good footspeed, or elusive skating) but still gets it done. it's why i'm not optimistic.

Back