• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

EJ Hradek from NHL Network was on TSN690 this afternoon and said he’s heard rumors Sabres do not want prospects but are looking for multiple established players in return for Eichel

I don't know about that.

The problem with Pettersson is that, any team that has to give up assets to acquire him is, by default, giving up the very same assets necessary to properly surround him and give him the best chance at winning. Vacnouver's not trading Pettersson for a Petry + Guhle + Byron + picks type of package. They're going to want something along the lines of, Suzuki + Guhle + 1st.

He's stuck until he hits free agency, unless Vancouver gives him away for pennies on the dollar.

I don't know about that.

The problem with Pettersson is that, any team that has to give up assets to acquire him is, by default, giving up the very same assets necessary to properly surround him and give him the best chance at winning. Vacnouver's not trading Pettersson for a Petry + Guhle + Byron + picks type of package. They're going to want something along the lines of, Suzuki + Guhle + 1st.

He's stuck until he hits free agency, unless Vancouver gives him away for pennies on the dollar.

Guhle and Nick are untouchable , defeats the purpose of trying to build for the future

Get your money and figure it out later

I don't know about that.

I was responding to a comment about offer sheeting him. I'd consider 4 1st for him.

I'd do it just to make it impossible for them to re-sign Hughes without having to trade away Boeser for futures.

Yeah because the last 47- 1sts have worked out so well overall

We will get smoked giving up 4 firsts

You have a 34 years old goalie who will never play healthy for the next 4 years

A wonky old defense , if I am Vancouver I would do it

You can offer enough to cripple them without four firsts. It would be 2 firsts, a second and a third.

Back