• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #1 - 2024/10/09 - TOR @ MTL: We're So Fucked....or Are We?

zeke

1408-room1408.gif

Even as they ice what might actually be the best on paper roster of this era, the dread and defeat in leafs nation is palpable and overwhelming.

o3X1iL.gif

As good as the roster may or may not be, because the leafs are the leafiest, our strange bloated ltir roster remains in limbo for at least another month, leaving us in a lurch not even knowing what our roster actually is this year, with actual major potential negative roster changes hanging over our heads like a guillotine.

omW8uuJ.gif

And speaking of brutal french artifacts, of course we have to start the season as always with our very own Kobayashi Maru, our no-win scenario where we have to play the dreadful habs, where a loss is an embarassment and a win isn't even really a win.

4adfda20122f0daf8405045485cca37b172c5357_hq.gif

Strange times to be a leafs fan.

Last edited:
It's true, the best way to show your hate for someone is to project them as a 25 goal power forward with a style of play that's valuable in the playoffs.

200w.gif
And lowball them in hypothetical contracts and never rave about how much they save Matthews when they are on the ice together. I see you, pinkyshy

I think the Engvall comparisons were where you lost me.

Except I didn't actually compare him directly to Engvall, but a much better mythical version of Engvall (20+ goal, physical version was the comparison if memory serves).

If he ends up being the 25/55 type that I've mentionen, that's pretty much what he is.

Except I didn't actually compare him directly to Engvall, but a much better mythical version of Engvall (20+ goal, physical version was the comparison if memory serves).

If he ends up being the 25/55 type that I've mentionen, that's pretty much what he is.
seems fair. I think I probably would’ve just picked a 25/55 type as a comparable at that point instead of going the mythical route

1408-room1408.gif

Even as they ice what might actually be the best on paper roster of this era, the dread and defeat in leafs nation is palpable and overwhelming.

o3X1iL.gif

As good as the roster may or may not be, because the leafs are the leafiest, our strange bloated ltir roster remains in limbo for at least another month, leaving us in a lurch not even knowing what our roster actually is this year, with actual major potential negative roster changes hanging over our heads like a guillotine.

omW8uuJ.gif

And speaking of brutal french artifacts, of course we have to start the season as always with our very own Kobayashi Maru, our no-win scenario where we have to play the dreadful habs, where a loss is an embarassment and a win isn't even really a win.

4adfda20122f0daf8405045485cca37b172c5357_hq.gif

Strange times to be a leafs fan.

Quality post zeke

Back