• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #1 - 2024/10/09 - TOR @ MTL: We're So Fucked....or Are We?

Shots 43-26 Toronto.
Score 1-0 Montreal.

I feel like I've seen this movie before.
Tends to happen when you bring out the same team that you've iced for half a decade+ for a big game, and they fail to show on PP, fail to score timely goals, and then bask in the glory of unfruitful hot chances and shots on goal.

The Kampf, Holberg stuff is infuriating. Just a waste of cap.
I know I was, but I'm sure ,any others were wondering why the hell Keefe randomly stopped using Holmberg 2 years ago when he looked solid. We had the Kampf replacement for cheap

this is probably indicative of where my passion levels as a fan are...

but I am currently on vacation. and I was planning to watch the opener.

and I legit just forgot about it until like 9:30. and said fuck it, and went to sleep. seems like the wise choice.

Yeah, they played well. Lots of promising signs. All the new guys were great. Stolarz, Patches, Lorentz, Tanev, OEL... if they play like that all year its a hell of an offseason. Stolarz was legit excellent. OEL totally changes the dynamic of the D.

Matthews, marner and Willy were all good. Matthews opened it up throwing the body around.

The PP stunk and they just didn't score. But other than that it was a good game.

Yeah, they played well. Lots of promising signs. All the new guys were great. Stolarz, Patches, Lorentz, Tanev, OEL... if they play like that all year its a hell of an offseason. Stolarz was legit excellent. OEL totally changes the dynamic of the D.

Matthews, marner and Willy were all good. Matthews opened it up throwing the body around.

The PP stunk and they just didn't score. But other than that it was a good game.

yeah...all your new guys looked good
(but it was the habs they faced)

the only new guy who didn't look good was Berube...on account of the fact the he's fucking ugly and hard to look at

LOF is gone. I've accepted it. Went to Harvey's yesterday. Just had onion rings. Couldn't bring myself to ordering the chicken sandwich, even as a heartfelt homage.
I'm not giving up. He has "reacted" to multiple posts of mine whenever I bring him up at random. He is watching. And he will return. Next time get the chicken sando.

Reactions: CH1
I promise to order the chicken sando next time* (though it will one bite than trash)

*I go to Harvey's every 7 years

Back