• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #4 - AUG 7, 8pm, SN - Not like this

I prefer Mike Emrick calling the play over anyone working in Canada

Oh lord, I hate that guy more than anyone, if it's the same guy I'm thinking of.

Anyway, I like the camera work much more on the HNIC broadcasts - they're consummate pros. The announcers, I guess meh, but I have a certain level of comfort listening to those guys after so many years. But I still am absolutely on the get Bowen back on tv train.

I am really jealous watching western games and listening to Cuthbert. The games are much more exciting with him

The fact that Sporstnet/HNIC re-hired Cuthbert at least gives me some faint hope that at some point, he'll replace Hughson as HNIC's top play-by-play guy. Until that day though, there will be pain.

sports is simply a slob food distribution channel

imagine if an American had created the Pepsi/Lays/Hughson ad?

I can guarantee two things:

1) Ad would have never made it to air
2) A few people would have been fired immediately

have you seen local buffalo commercials?

I mean Craig Simpson called it on a national broadcast — hockey is only exciting if fans are there

I wish there was a way to award this thread like on reddit. Definitely one of the best GDT's, legendary stuff...

Gotta love Bob. 'Game 3 we called that an epic collapse. Columbus says, "you call that an epic collapse -- hold my beer." lol

See video around 1 min in.

On the topic, Werenski had to go for an MRI. If Muzzin had to quantine, surely he will too.

Nah, we'll find out that there is a MRI machine in the ACC but that the Leafs weren't allowed to use it because it would be a competitive advantage that the poverty teams cried about but somehow Columbus got to use it, Werenski doesn't have to leave the bubble and is eligible.

Nah, we'll find out that there is a MRI machine in the ACC but that the Leafs weren't allowed to use it because it would be a competitive advantage that the poverty teams cried about but somehow Columbus got to use it, Werenski doesn't have to leave the bubble and is eligible.

Also the Leafs will be sent the bill for the MRI. plus a club sandwich royale and two bottles of Dom.

Gotta love Bob. 'Game 3 we called that an epic collapse. Columbus says, "you call that an epic collapse -- hold my beer." lol

See video around 1 min in.
I don't always agree with Bobo, but he's a good one, and the man doesn't lack self awareness, unlike alot of these clowns.

I don't always agree with Bobo, but he's a good one, and the man doesn't lack self awareness, unlike alot of these clowns.

Almost everything wrong with hockey was summed up by Odawg's opinion on whether that was a penalty.

"No, that can't be a penalty because that situation demands for the rulebook to not count unless it negates a scoring chance" was basically his opinion.

O'Neil is a bit of an idiot but can be entertaining. Yeah, total bullshit opinion on that call. Foligno could have been called over a dozen times in that game, including some in overtime.

Back