• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes at Kraken, 10PM Eastern, 10/17/22

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Game 3 of the season, game 2 of Canes After Dark. Seattle has a new mascot and a couple of new players but still look a bit like the inaugural version ... giving up goals in clusters. At least they've been scoring, which must be nice for the fans after that dire first season. Martin Jones started their last 2 after Grubauer barfed up 5 in their opener, but I think they intend to split the load pretty evenly so Carolina could see Grubie tonight. Either way, Seattle play a territorial game not unlike Carolina's and they were an uncomfortable matchup for the Canes last season. This one could get a little grubby, is what I'm sayin ...

For Carolina, they don't play again until Thursday so there's no reason Andersen can't take this start. Kase is still in concussion protocol and I haven't seen that they've recalled another forward, so Noesen is in and the forward group should be the same as in San Jose on Friday. We might see a different 3rd pairing on D for this one, but we'll see what we hear from the morning skate.

Last edited:
Tonight’s officials. Most are relative noobs.

Referees:

Peter MacDougall #38, Pierre Lambert #37

Linesmen:
Caleb Apperson #77, Devin Berg #87

The Canes went a combined 5-6 with these refs last year. The refs have worked a combined 515 regular season games and none in the 0layiffs. Apperson is in his 2nd full season as a NHL linesman. Berg has worked 452 regular season games and already has 50 playoff games.

Tonight’s officials. Most are relative noobs.

Referees:

Peter MacDougall #38, Pierre Lambert #37

Linesmen:
Caleb Apperson #77, Devin Berg #87

The Canes went a combined 5-6 with these refs last year. The refs have worked a combined 515 regular season games and none in the 0layiffs. Apperson is in his 2nd full season as a NHL linesman. Berg has worked 452 regular season games and already has 50 playoff games.
If I remember Apperson correctly, he's truly terrible. Then again, the two morons they had working the lines in the home opener set the bar pretty low.

Projected lines per Walt Ruff. Coghlan makes his Canes debut, Andersen in goal.

Teravainen - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Stastny - Staal - Fast
Martinook - Stepan - Noesen

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Coghlan - Chatfield

Makes sense to get Coghlan in, given how good he was in camp. Pesce has been very meh on PP2 and de Haan has been quite bland on the 3rd pairing for the most part. He's been OK, but nothing more than that.

Aho on the PP, 2-0. Canes first PP goal of the season. It had looked like last year’s model, even with all the personnel changes.

Back