• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blues 10/19 7:00

Why does it sound like they're pumping a LOT of fake crowd noise into the arena or into the broadcast? It's really annoying.
If you're on the app, I think it's just a terrible filter on the arena mic input. The fake stuff never quite lines up with natural reactions, but this stuff sounds like it's live ... just with some sort of terrible envelope filter or something when they level out the volume.

On the game ... mixed bag for Carolina. Good start with the standard one goal lead when they deserved more. Then the legs went a bit and St Louis found a way back into the flow in the 2nd, at which point the wheels fell off for a bit for the Canes. Some of that is on Kochetkov, but not all of it. Just bad pressure management and a few individual breakdowns at really bad times. I was happy to see Carolina regroup and claw their way back into it early in the 3rd. They weren't willing to just call it a bad night and get on the plane, and that's something you're looking for early in the season. From there ... ugh. That horrific call on Walker and a couple of no-calls got everybody frustrated and it kind of snowballed. You'd like to see them play through that stuff a bit better. Still, early days and that was a far cry from Loss 1.

Back